Neuvation Cycling S2 Saddles

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Natural leather top for durability and breathing. Extra long size for more riding positions. Relief areas for both pelvic bones and your plumbing. Flexible sides for added comfort. Extra long titanium alloy rails for better adjustment and reduced weight. 10.4 ounces 295 grams.

Submitted by Rex Perry a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2011

Strengths:    light, cheap, comfortable

Weaknesses:    Not the most attractive saddle, but I'll take function over form in a saddle every time.

Bottom Line:
I've tried about a dozen saddles before finding this Nirvana, I mean Neuvation, saddle. I'm 5-10 and about 155lbs and it just fits my back side. It's long enough to move around to find those perfect positions for climbing or long pulls in the drops. It seems to be well made.

Purchased At:   Neuvation.com

Submitted by RobClyde a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2009

Strengths:    Comfy ride on the long hauls and performance on the short rides. Durable and shows no signs of wear after over a year of use from a heavy rider.

Weaknesses:    I find it ugly and cheap-looking to behold, but I don't have to look at it when I am on it and then it is BEAUTIFUL

Bottom Line:
I am a Clydesdale by anyone's definition (6'3, 260) and a sitter for the duration (it take some serious gearing or a big climb to get me up and out of the saddle). I am a diesel and have never had a saddle that let me keep going as long as I wanted without extracting, quite literally, a pound of flesh....until the S2. THis saddle is as comfortable after 100s of miles as it was the first 5. Aesthetically it is a bit challenged, but trust me - no one can see much of it under my butt anyway! Where it counts - the IT and the perineum - this saddle treats me right and let's me ride all day without discomfort. As one of the other reviewers mentioned, I do occaisionally catch my shorts on the nose of the saddle but since I am not constantly on and off this is not a huge issue for me if I remember to "hop" onto the seat when I sit (a little extra toe-off for a few extra mm clearance at the crotch). Overall a fantastic performer and a great price - I would have paid much more to get a saddle this functional but thankfully didn't have to!

Purchased At:   Neuvation

Similar Products Used:   Specialized BG, Some stock Cannondale thing,

Submitted by CrankyMonkey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable, construction, reasonable weight, excellent value.

Weaknesses:    Long nose occasionally catches your shorts after out of the saddle climbs or remounting at stop lights.

Bottom Line:
When I first decided to order this saddle I was a bit reluctant due to past experiences with other saddles under $100. Either they are too hard, have too much cushion or the shape is all wrong and I end up with saddle sores. After looking at the Neuvation S2 for several hours online and trying to imagine what the saddle would feel like I decided to pull the trigger and give it a try, the 100% satisfaction guarantee was what sealed the deal for me.

Just to give you an idea of processing & shipping times, it took about 7 days before I recieved the saddle via UPS Ground to Northern California (shipping times may vary to other parts of the country). Once it arrived I mounted it on my bike and took it for a 48 mile test ride. Usually after about 40 miles I can tell if a saddle is going to work for me or not. It also gives me enough time to get past that "This feels great!" after the 1st couple of miles impression.

The good news was the Neuvation S2 felt as comfortable after 40 miles as it did after the first. The shape is also nice because I didn't have any hot spots on my thighs or butt-cheaks. This saddle also felt comfortable in the drops due to contoured shape of the "love channel", this resulted in no numbness.

What originally attracted me to this saddle, as opposed to the S1 or S3, was the fact that my sit bones are suspended on rubber instead of sitting on a piece of thinly cushioned plastic. I ride a full aluminum frame which transmits every single road vibration directly to my saddle, the Neuvation S2 actually made my aluminum bike feel as comfortable as my steel cyclocross bike (my benchmark for plush).

From an astetic standpoint the Neuvation S2 appears to be well constructed. When you turn the saddle over and look at the undercarriage it appears to be top of the line. Everything is nip, tucked and finished with care and there isn't any weird staples sticking out or sloppy glue marks. The only astetic issue I've found is that you can see an impression of the rubber supports (where your sit bones are) in the top leather after you finish riding.

One complaint with the S2 is when I remount, from an out of the saddle sprint or stop light, I have a tendicy to catch the nose of the saddle on my shorts. I suspect this issue will go away once I get use to the length of the saddle. But it's pretty embarassing when I'm not wearing bibs and my rear-end is hanging out for everyone to see.

For me the Neuvation S2 is pretty close to the perfect saddle. It has all-day comfort and eases the road vibrations transmitted through my frame. The construction and finish is comparable to many other top brand name saddles on the market.

Favorite Ride:   Old La Honda

Purchased At:   http://www.neuvation

Similar Products Used:   Selle San Marco SKN, Selle Italia Prolink, Forte Classic, Specialized Alias, Koobi Si Classic

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Fastback 27

Submitted by jvilevac a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2007

Strengths:    Saddle length, Price, Neuvations Customer Service and Return Offer.

Bottom Line:
I recently just put over 400+ miles on this saddle in the last two weeks. I selected the S2 due to the saddle length for more riding positions. The saddle has been excellent and offers the comfort I was looking for. Plus, I was able to try the saddle knowing I could return it with Neuvation's guarantee. Sorry John, I'm keeping this one!

Favorite Ride:   Weekly Criterium