Performance Forté Pro SLX Saddles

• The culmination of hundreds of test miles, this lightweight saddle has become a favorite around Performance.
  • Strategically placed cut-out relieves unwanted pressure
  • Perfect amount of padding for long epic rides
  • Carbon-injected shell flexes to provide added comfort on rough roads

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by jstickner1@yahoo.com a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2010

Strengths:    Price, quality, looks(except for FORTE', light weight, comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Brand name.

Bottom Line:
    Saddle felt hard for the first couple of miles. Since then, the saddle is about the last thing I think about when riding. That means comfort. I have put a few thousand miles on it and it has been excellent. No pressure, no sore spots, no chafing. Snob note-A friend with a classic high end steel bike needed a new saddle, tried it, liked it, but wouldn't leave a FORTE' saddle on his bike!

Favorite Ride:   Many

Submitted by RichBenn a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2008

Strengths:    cheap, light for the price.

Weaknesses:    Hurts way too much

Bottom Line:
    It hurts!!! I had a Terry Fly before and was looking, I thought, for a slightly narrower saddle(where the leggs travel) to remove a pressure point that didn't show up 'till 60+ miles. But....

Like another reviewer, I find this awfull during the first 10 miles, acceptable at 20, then awfull again around 40-60. I had to adjust the angle and height and position ALOT to even get that!

It weighs 207 grams. Other saddles with maybe 30 grams more actually have some padding, not just plastic(carbon?) I know saddles are personal, but I gotta wonder.

Favorite Ride:   Not telling

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia, Terry fly, many, many pre-cutout saddles.

Bike Setup:   Klein Quantum, Shimano 105 triple.

Submitted by uniredneck a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2008

Strengths:    -Extremely light for this price point (125 grams)
    -Looks great and definitely brought a modern look to my bike
    -I'd say a perfect crit or short race saddle.

Weaknesses:    -(for my body) Not comfortable for rides longer than about 60 miles.

Bottom Line:
    Lets start by saying I know my stuff, so I'm not just some uneducated reviewer. I'm a certified mechanic and I even used to work at Performance as head mechanic.

Before I start the review, let me drop some knowledge. Everybody's body is different. We have different sit bone widths, so that means a saddle that may be extremely comfortable for one person may be a a** hatchet for the next. This is why you see Specialized making their saddles in 3 different widths.

Alright. I bought this saddle to go on my 1985 Schwinn Super le Tour. What can I say, I love that old steel. On most rides, it takes about 10 miles or so for me to get comfortable on the saddle, but after that it's like a couch.... until about mile 60. Then it gets to where if I stand up...I don't wanna sit back down. I'd say for a race saddle, it's great. Super light at 125 grams, but definitely not my preference for longer rides. Now, this isn't to say that it may be more comfortable for others, everyone's body is different. However, for me, only good for about 60 miles.

Favorite Ride:   The spontaneous ones that happen on a whim

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia C2, old Selle San Marco, various other saddles over the years.

Bike Setup:   1985 Schwinn Super le Tour with Campy Veloce/Centaur 10 speed mix
    - Campy Vento Wheels
    - Other random components both vintage and modern to complete.

Submitted by Eric Huber a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2008

Strengths:    Light, moderatly supple out of the bag. The leather cover is excellant. You can't buy a better saddle for the price.

Weaknesses:    The slot could be larger as in wider but it works well as is.

Bottom Line:
    This is a great saddle for the price. Just can't beat it. The slot really does help and it's wide enough to be comfortable for the long haul. The leather cover is very good also. My San Marco is heading for the parts box.

Favorite Ride:   Anyway 50-60 miles will take me.

Purchased At:   Performance Store

Similar Products Used:   San Marco Island, Flite and Stella.

Bike Setup:   08 Trek Pilot 2.1 44cm bars and a 90mm EA50 stem.

Submitted by Roadman64 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2008

Strengths:    Light. Firm but not brutally so. Seems very well made. Excellent comfort-to-performance ratio.

Weaknesses:    Lacking bling for the lable consious.

Bottom Line:
    I really like this saddle! Sleek, firm, comfortable. My first ride on it was 70 miles, and it's fine. Plus, great platform for hard efforts in the saddle.

Good news: Mine doesn't have any "stiching." Maybe they changed it, but it's now just a logo stamped into the leather. No chaffing or shorts problems now.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike ret

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Body Geometry (circa 2000).
    RavX saddle.
    CODA stuff (I really, really dislike those)
    Avocet MTB seat.