Selle An-Atomica Titanico X Saddles

Designed for riders between 180-290lbs, Selle An-Atomica's Titanico X Saddle delivers all the features of the standard Titanico model with a slightly thicker cover.

Submitted by blm a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort, looks, durability, problem solver

Weaknesses:    a bit expansive because of internet only availability

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Selle Aanatomia X 2014, black with copper rivets, I'm 48, 172lbs riding mostly a steel custom comlumbus Life frame and sometimes a Litespeed Siena Ti. 6000km/year

I didnt need a new saddle, in fact I was happy with the BG concept since it first came out in 1998 I think. I have tried and tested too many saddles; Selle Italia, Selle San Marco, Velo, Fizik etc so many models I forgot at some point, I always came back to Specialized BG on the 155mm width, mostly Toupe models,

But this year something went wrong in march and I started developping rashes that would eventually developped into kists if I didnt act on it, There was not much choice so I went on a 2 month saddle testing binge...to no avail. Lots of internet research and seeing the saddles used by a lot of brevet(long distance) riders led me to consider leather saddles. Obviously I was a bit shy because on the break-in required by most(Brooks the first) and the weight.

But lots of good reviews led me to consider Selle Anatomica and so I made the jump. The claim is true, it is comfortable frome the start, no adaptation required, just set it so that it follows the instruction guide: not too tight and with the proper angle,

This saddle really saved my season so far, it is the best thing to upgrade after a good set of wheels,
No more kists, pain etc, just an amazing contact point with my bike. I rode 3000km so far, lots of hills(Pyrenees) and the verdict is that it is perfect.

Small weight penalty but a lot of good feeling on the bike, heck, it looks great, racy even, compared to other leather saddles...I once was a weight weenie but it applies mostly to wheels nowadays, the performance is really improved, actually better when you settle in the sweet spot on bumpy descents it makes the bike feel more connected.

Definitely an improvement on any bike for those seeking real comfort, control and style,

Hope this helps.

Purchased At:   Selle Anatomica webs

Similar Products Used:   Tons of saddles, picky bottom here.

Bike Setup:   Columbus Life steel frame, DA9000, Bontrager RXL 2014 wheelset with Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires, ti seatpost.

Submitted by miataeric

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort, fore/aft adjustment

Weaknesses:    Durability?

Bottom Line:
This is my first review on RBR, let alone on something as personal as a saddle, so please bear with me.

I picked up this saddle last year over the holidays during a promotional sale as I wanted an American made saddle for a build that I was trying to keep as much American made as possible, and I wanted something similar to the Brooks that I was currently riding.

Initially, I had some hip issues at the same saddle height that I had used on my Brooks Team Pro, but over time and some fit help, it was resolved by raising the saddle higher.

I've also had to adjust the tension screw about 1/3 of the way already over just 6 months and ~600 miles, which is a bit of a concern. The new '14 model has a longer tension screw which will allow more adjustment, but I'm still concerned that I've had to do so much so soon.

In terms of comfort, the saddle is a dream. There was ZERO break-in required, and the dimples from my sit bones were apparent after just my first ride. Even the managers at my LBS who have test ridden my bike have commented on how comfortable the saddle is and wanted to know where to get one.

I had found my previous Brooks very comfortable as well, but after about 900 miles on it, it was barely just beginning to show the signs of being broken in to me and hadn't needed any adjustment.

Sella An-Atomica has changed their design slightly for 2014, and that may affect things a bit, but in my experience, I'm curious to see how the saddle will hold up in the long run.

I will post any future updates/opinions as I get them. I like the saddle so far, but time will tell...