Selle An-Atomica Titanico X Saddles

Designed for riders between 180-290lbs, Selle An-Atomica's Titanico X Saddle delivers all the features of the standard Titanico model with a slightly thicker cover.

Submitted by miataeric

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort, fore/aft adjustment

Weaknesses:    Durability?

Bottom Line:
This is my first review on RBR, let alone on something as personal as a saddle, so please bear with me.

I picked up this saddle last year over the holidays during a promotional sale as I wanted an American made saddle for a build that I was trying to keep as much American made as possible, and I wanted something similar to the Brooks that I was currently riding.

Initially, I had some hip issues at the same saddle height that I had used on my Brooks Team Pro, but over time and some fit help, it was resolved by raising the saddle higher.

I've also had to adjust the tension screw about 1/3 of the way already over just 6 months and ~600 miles, which is a bit of a concern. The new '14 model has a longer tension screw which will allow more adjustment, but I'm still concerned that I've had to do so much so soon.

In terms of comfort, the saddle is a dream. There was ZERO break-in required, and the dimples from my sit bones were apparent after just my first ride. Even the managers at my LBS who have test ridden my bike have commented on how comfortable the saddle is and wanted to know where to get one.

I had found my previous Brooks very comfortable as well, but after about 900 miles on it, it was barely just beginning to show the signs of being broken in to me and hadn't needed any adjustment.

Sella An-Atomica has changed their design slightly for 2014, and that may affect things a bit, but in my experience, I'm curious to see how the saddle will hold up in the long run.

I will post any future updates/opinions as I get them. I like the saddle so far, but time will tell...