Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow Saddles

3.61/5 (18 Reviews)

Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow Titanium Saddle Black. These Selle Italia Ti316 Saddles have a sculpted modern look and differentiated thickness silicone gel inserts around a center cut out.

Submitted by wily_quixote a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort, support, wellmade good for non flexible riders needing a curved flexy saddle. Similar footprint (assprint?) to the slr but comfortable instead.

Weaknesses:    Looks a bit weird. Expensive

Bottom Line:
I've used this saddle on my training road bike and my mtb. Currently on the roadie. It has a slight curve from rear to centre, a high degree of shell flex provided by the cutout, and firm padding. It is a narrow saddle@ 130mm. Best set up level from rear to nose. It's on my cannondale alu bike which is a firm ride and I have poor flexibility meaning i tend to sit with pelvis canred forwards on my perineum consequently. This saddle fits my requirements and provides a good measure of support and comfort. Shell flex is awrsome. I used this saddle on a 8 hour mtb marathon race and my ass was fine afterwards.

Purchased At:   Wiggle.com

Similar Products Used:   slr...hideous beyond belief.avocet 40 niiice. Fizik tundra... nice but tooflat. Ritchey marathon pro, beautiful, beautiful saddle.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale r1000 . Giant hardtail... both stiff aluminium bikes to give you context for this review.

Submitted by DJDRJ a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2010

Strengths:    Nice looking, IMO. Comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Scuffs easily. Top thin layer started to wear off after 5-10 hours in the trainer. Come on!? Going back to the shop - probably get the same thing but Carbonia which has a different cover.

Bottom Line:
Required some setup but once dialed in was comfortable for long rides.

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   WTB Silverado - much more comfortable

Bike Setup:   Cervelo RS, Campy Super Record 11 everything, Richie Superlogic Logic II carbon bars, Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, 3T stem and seatpost

Submitted by thor a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2010

Strengths:    Comfy and lightweight!

Weaknesses:    Over prized. I bought mine when it was listed for $90. The following year MSRP was $130 and now it $150+ (and it's the same saddle)

Bottom Line:
good comfortable saddle. I got the white and after one wet ride the letters rubbed off and discolored the white. Otherwise, very comfortable.

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   San Marco Concor, Selle Italia Trans Am C2, WTB, others

Bike Setup:   I'm always changing it.

Submitted by jchave20 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2009

Strengths:    great support
great longevity
perfect for long rides

Weaknesses:    COST (if you pay retail)

Bottom Line:
I've been on a handful of saddles and I have to say that at first I wasn't impressed by the geometry of the new Flite. Coming off of an ASPide, though, made everything MORE comfortable, so I stuck it out. I now am happier with it than I can describe. As long as you have the saddle in the perfect position (as you SHOULD with any saddle) it will fall perfectly under your sit bones and support there and nowhere else (as you should want it to). I also gave the Fizik Aliante a try in shopping, and it was great, but had a little TOO MUCH cushion for my taste, the kind that leaves you over rubbed on a long ride. I would say for all of those looking to buy a new flite gel Flow, go for it.

Favorite Ride:   Jemez Damn/ Sandia Crest

Purchased At:   Fixed and Free

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Turbo (old school)
San Marco ASPide
Fizik Aliante

Submitted by Dan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2008

Strengths:    I had the white one, and on my litespeed it looks stunning. Additionally it is remarkably comfortable and durable. I crashed on it several times at high speeds with little or no scuffing to the leather.

Weaknesses:    After about 2600 miles the carbon shell cracked by where the right rail attaches to the rear of the saddle. I still continued to ride it for another 200 miles until I sent it back to S.I. They immediately sent me a SLR as a replacement since the didn't have a Flite

Bottom Line:
After nearly 3000 miles in one year on my Flite Gel Flow I am still amazed by how comfortable it has been.

Favorite Ride:   any