Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow Saddles

4.5/5 (12 Reviews)

The SLR Kit Carbonio Flow has all the characteristics of the last version that made it a best seller used by pro cyclists. The new SLR is lighter and guarantees unmatched aerodynamics though. With its special EVA foam padding and anatomical cutout the SLR

Submitted by glen harris

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2012

Strengths:    looks nice

Weaknesses:    the finish wears off very easly, it is a very thin plactic coating

Bottom Line:
poor quality

Submitted by Steve Barney a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, light, looks great, high quality

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Very happy with this saddle. I probably am approaching 1000 miles on it, and it is my favorite so far. I have a Specialized Toupe on my other bike, and like it as well, but I think the Selle is maybe even more comfortable. I usually ride between 20 and 35 miles at a time, with up to 70 on occasions, and have stayed comfortable with it. I mounted it on a Ritchey Super Logic post with the clamp for the wider rails, and it is a great combination....so light!!

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Toupe, other Selle Italia's,

Bike Setup:   Specialized S-Work SL3. Full Dura-ace group (including crank), S-Works carbon bar, Ritchey WCS260 Stem, Ritchey Souper Logic post, Selle Italia SLR flow Carbonio saddle, Reynolds 32 MV UL wheel set, Look carbon TI pedals.

Submitted by sonusfaber a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2011

Strengths:    Weight, design and build

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Very comfortable for a light saddle. The cutout really works, no more numbness during long rides and uphills. Shifted from Fizik Antares carbon which had a similar design except for the cutout. Bottomline, this is probably the best lightweight saddle out there in terms of comfort. I love you Selle Italia for thinking of putting in that cut out. I'll never go back to one that doesn't have a cut out.

Favorite Ride:   Parlee Z4

Purchased At:   Manila

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Anatares (Kium and Carbon)
Fizik Arione

Bike Setup:   Parlee Z4
Super Campy 11
Enve cockpit, wheelset

Submitted by gun2head a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2011

Strengths:    More comfortable for flat top lovers. Cut out helps and not overdone. Actually very comfortable for such a light weight.

Weaknesses:    Pricey, but my rear appreciates it.

Bottom Line:
New 2011 version with flatter top. 115g. Much more comfortable for me due to flat top and cut out over my previous slr carbonio. If you like a more flat top saddle so you can freely move around, this is for you. It reminds me of my old rolls or regal saddles in ability to move comfortably about. Great for me!

Favorite Ride:   Colnago C-50