Selle Italia SLR Team Edition Saddles

When light weight meets incredible strength, that is the Selle Italia SLR White Team Edition '11. With attractive Italian style and an innovative carbon fiber structure, SLR White Team Edition is the last word in racing saddles. Selle Italia SLR White Team Edition '11 is the most demanded saddle by professional cyclists. The Team Edition Saddles have a stiffer base and the perfect fit self molding pad that is perfect for long distance rides.

Submitted by FNGRIDER a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2011

Strengths:    It is typical Sella Italia, well built and designed. It is very light weight at 150 grams and a great edition to any pro road bike. I probably shaved 70 grams over the SLK saddle.

Weaknesses:    Hard, flow foam would help, but may not be necessary. I will give a extended report after I spend more time in the saddle.

Bottom Line:
I have the SLR Team Contador spl ed. it has his signature and more graphics otherwise it is physically identicle. White Lorica cover, carbon composite base w carbon rais. 150 gms. I initially felt very hard. I wore padded shorts on my first test ride and it felt firm but comfortable. No hot spots for 2 hrs ride. The narrow nose allows very easy movement forward and aft. There is a small indentation where you set for the perfect fit and feel. I chose the SLR because I used a SLK flow model for 4 years and it is my favorite saddle so far. If you have any experience with Selle Italia, I recommend this saddle.

Favorite Ride:   MDR to PV and over Hawthorne

Purchased At:   Wheelworld

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia SLK, WTB Rocket V for mt. bikes.

Bike Setup:   2009 Wilier Izoard Ultegra, FSA K Force crankset,seat post, stem, K Flight flat bar, Vuelta Corsa Super Light Wheelset, Speedplay Zero ti, Vitorias.