Selle Italia Turbomatic Team Edition Saddles

Along with SLR and Flite, the Selle Italia Turbomatic Team Edition is loved by pro riders. The Turbomatic patented shock absorber technology delivers maximum comfort and great performance. Turbomatic Team Edition: the only choice for the roughest roads. Includes: Carbon fiber rails

Submitted by Rockabilly_Racer a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2011

Strengths:    The saddle is very firm and wide. The saddle rides on an elastomer suspension system that definately helps up the comfort. The carbon rails make this a lightweight ride. I have not experienced any numbness or pain "down there" as a result of this saddle. If you have wider sit bones, this saddle seems to provide balanced support.

Weaknesses:    The carbon rails are nice for lightness, but I can't comment on their durability yet. There is no cutout, so numbness could be a possibility for some. If I break a rail or something I will certainly ammend this review.

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle to replace a Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow saddle b/c it was getting soft after a couple years. The main issue that developed with the cutout saddle is that it was eating my crotch on long rides. I wanted a wide, supportive saddle for my 205lb frame but I also didn't want one that weighed as much as a pull-out couch.

Favorite Ride:   North Shore of Long Island

Purchased At:   Nasbar

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow, Stock specialized saddle, Selle Royal Seta saddle.

Bike Setup:   '08 Specialized Allez, '10 Giant Defy Advanced 3