Selle San Marco Caymano Ti Saddles

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Selle San Marco Caymano Saddle. Increased mid area allows the rider to easily and quickly change positions in the saddle.

Submitted by Samm Reif

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2013

Strengths:    Very unique design that fits my AM style of riding from the argonomical stand point.

Weaknesses:    Very week - after only a couple of month usage one of the TITANIUM rails has jumped out its position.
There is practically nothing one can do to return it to it;s place without damaging the saddle.
I'm extremly disapointed

Bottom Line:
In short customer support localy in my country, Israel, had just oferred a 20% discount on a new seddle if indeed i decide to by a new one!!!!

It is as said a unique, piece in PINK and they offer me in exchange a 20% discount for a regular "of the shelve" - "thank you but no thank you" i am certainly done with SELE SAN MARCO with such bad attitude for customer support!

Submitted by cpurx a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2010

Strengths:    This saddle is easy to level, light weight, and very good on long rides. Easy to find a comfortable position without being to narrow or long.

Weaknesses:    The coloring wears off where my thighs rub. As usual, white does not stay white, even if you try and clean it.

Bottom Line:
This saddle is very comfortable for me and great looking. I've done four century’s this year so far and have yet to have a complaint about the saddle.

Favorite Ride:   Anything safe

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Fizik, Specialized, San Marco

Bike Setup:   2008 Giant TCR A1, Campagnolo Record shifters, Chorus everything else, Williams System 19 Wheels, and just a touch over 17lbs.

Submitted by Jean Claude a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2009

Strengths:    Lorica protection combined with a very good design gives a good and ferm comfort which suit to sportive practics but also with cool long rides. For me using a good saddle is very important because I ride 15000 kms per year and with the caymano I've got the good one.

Weaknesses:    I don't see only one. In fact i've changed the classical flite titanium of my second bike (colnago CT1)for another Caymano and I don't regreat it.

Bottom Line:
Classical, well designed and rather light (weight claimed by San Marco 170g , mine was verified at 180g). I like long rides and this saddle if absolutely perfect when you get the right position on your bike, ferm but very well designed and confortable enought.
I'm not heavy (63kg/1m77) and I like big climbs, this saddle is very good in this exercise to transmit your strenght without loss.

Favorite Ride:   Merlin Extralight

Purchased At:   Bike Store

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Arione, Fizik Aliante, San Marco Era, San Marco Rolls, Flite Titanium Classic, Flite TT, Flite Carbonio.

Bike Setup:   Merlin Extralight all Campy Record excepted a very light Mithyc Carbon Compact Crankset, 3T less aluminium non oversize Stem and Bars and Campa Neutrons or Spinergy Xaero Lite (for the > 150 kms ride)

Submitted by Brautigan a Recreational Rider