Selle San Marco SKN Pro Saddles

• Titanox rails
  • 184g weight

Submitted by Kuma601 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort, pretty light and smooth cover

Weaknesses:    I like old school leather but that is my only comment there.

Bottom Line:
Saddles like shoes and other clothes are personal and individual preferences. If you need a bit more width than the Apside has, this is the next one up. For me, I'd ridden the Apsides and at the end of a ride, I always felt a bit sore regardless how much saddle time I had in the season. The commuter had an older SKN and since that bike was ridden less than 10 miles, I didn't make a connection until one day I took it for a 30 mile loop. Afterwards, no soreness.

It wasn't the padding in the shorts, the position of the saddle, the Apsides were simply to narrow for my backside. Put an order in with PBK for two. Since then, no matter the padding in the shorts, the ride is finished without the sitbone soreness. Such a relief.

This saddle is a bit "flatter" across the top and the added 20mm width from the 130mm Apside can make a big difference in your sitbone placement. Works for me and the price isn't mega $$. Not so much concerned about weight because comfort is key, I'd buy this even if it had steel rails. :) Thankfully it is light so I don't have a boat anchor saddle anyway.

Favorite Ride:   Flat and slow

Purchased At:   PBK and Performance

Similar Products Used:   San Marco Apside, Selle Turbo and others that are lost from my memory cells recollection.

Bike Setup:   Which one?

Submitted by JerHar0243 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2009

Strengths:    Light, reasonably priced, wider than some others, just enough padding and flex.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I have been using the 2009 Selle San Marco SKN for about 3 weeks on rides of 1-4 hours. Compared to a SSM Aspide (2008 racing replica size 235) this saddle is an inch wider and 1/2 ounce heavier. It also has slightly softer padding than the Aspide and some flex at the back of the saddle. It seems firmer than the Selle Italia SLK that I have. I weigh 140 and am 5'9" and it is the most comfortable saddle I have used so far.

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   SSM Aspide, Selle Italia SLK, SMP Composit and SMP Evolution.

Bike Setup:   bars about 1-2" below saddle height

Submitted by Dave M a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2009

Strengths:    Comfortable, light - even looks great

Weaknesses:    None really - you cannot cycle in an easy chair and the seats that do their best to look like one are clumsy, heavy and doofy-looking. (not this one!)

Bottom Line:
Great seat, bought for commuting. Better than any stock seat. Quite comfortable, soaks up bigger bumps, good deal for the money.

Favorite Ride:   New Hampshire back country roads

Purchased At:   Online catalog

Bike Setup:   Trek X01

Submitted by slitespd a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2008

Strengths:    Very light-weight and comfortable. No noticeable flex as I had expected with the independent sides.

Nice looking saddle

Weaknesses:    Slight creak at times that I have not been able to pinpoint

Bottom Line:
This saddle has been extremely comfortable on every ride and was a huge improvement over what came stock on the Felt.

Favorite Ride:   Felt F3

Purchased At:   Victory Velo

Bike Setup:   Stock Felt F3 w/ Shimano Dura-ace/Ultegra mix

Submitted by mattrider a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2008

Strengths:    weight, comfort, looks

Weaknesses:    none so far.

Bottom Line:
Light, comfortable, and looks fast! This saddle really took the pressure off and allowed me to enjoy the ride more, and of course at 185g it reduced my bike weight.

Favorite Ride:   rolling hills with the wind at my back

Purchased At:   a friend