Serfas Stinger Race Comp Saddles

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

• Tubular Titanium rails • Road specific shape • Sleek minimalist design • 195 gr

Submitted by patrick clifford a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2008

Strengths:    It is pretty light-190g, looks Flashy, smooth-so it's easy to move about on.

Weaknesses:    Not Uber light-190g

Bottom Line:
I got the saddle to replace a heavier one that came stock with my Kestrel Talon, It took a few weeks to become accustomed to it, like any new saddle. I would recommend it as a cheap alternative to Selle Italia SLR.

Favorite Ride:   anything involving Mohonk or ellenville

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia SLR, Fizik Aliente, Pave.

Bike Setup:   Kestrel Talon-Ultegra, Mavic ssc sl3
Trek 2500-105, velomax vista wheels
Kestrel RT700-Dura Ace, Zipp 303
Ridley Crossbow, Shimano 105
Fujilite singlespeed
Redline Conquest-Tiagra

Submitted by BillC a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2006

Strengths:    Inexpensive for a Ti Tubing railed saddle (light!).
Cover is waterproof.
SLR Shape.
Very well made for the price.

Weaknesses:    SLR Firmness.
You gotta get over that this (like many other brands) is made by Velo, but that's your problem and not the saddle's.

Bottom Line:
I found this saddle very comfortable after a short break-in period. It is very firm, but my sit-bones were perched over the less firm foam padding. The shape is flat so I was able to move around well and there is a small shallow channel to keep pressure off your nether region. Its shape is stolen from the Selle Italia SLR, which is a good thing if you fit that saddle.

I rode a flat century on this saddle after a two week lay-off from riding. I was surprisingly comfortable for most of those miles.

Favorite Ride:   Empty Roads, Smooth Pavement

Purchased At:   eBay

Bike Setup:   Ibis Sonoma Ti

Submitted by jeffh a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2005

Strengths:    Good price-value ratio
Light weight and a decent amount of compliance
Looks quite good

Weaknesses:    Seems to have worn relatively a lot (2000 km at time of writing)

Bottom Line:
Brought this a few months ago as I wanted a better saddle to replace the Selle Italia (?no idea what model - but heavy, with gel provided on my bike for racing. I was considering a Selle Italia SLR, but didn't want to go at the price required - this Serfas saddle seems virtually identical in shape design but was less than half the price (presumably does use cheaper materials as it is a bit heavier).

I find it good on my typical sub-100 km rides, and criterium racing, but on longer and/or hilly rides I got pretty sore! Probably would say based on this that it works fine as a saddle, but definitely not as a seat...

Not perfect, but I think it a pretty decent saddle. At least it doesn't have stiching in all the wrong places like my prior saddle!

Favorite Ride:   Beach Rd