Serfas Stinger Race RS Saddles

• Strategic center cut out enhances comfort • Tubular Titanium rails • Road specific shape • Sleek minimalist design • Extra Long rails for maximum adjustability • 190 gr

Submitted by triboiler a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2009

Strengths:    Light

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
When I was planning my big bicycle purchase a number of years ago, I kept going back to this particular bike and loved how comfortable it was. After a few spins on it, I realized it wasn't the bike, it was the saddle. THIS saddle. I didn't buy that bike, but I DID buy the saddle to put on my new bike and have not wanted to change it yet! (5 years of HARD riding)

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia flite

Submitted by strathconaman a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2008

Strengths:    Low cost, low weight, high comfort, high value.

Weaknesses:    Stitching could be a little more even. If I ever grow eyes in my ass this might bother me.

Bottom Line:
I picked up this SLR clone from a LBS with the intent of putting it on my commutter. I quickly realized it was very, very comfortable. 3 Years later I have two of them, one for my road bike and one for my mountain bike. It isn't perfect, and if bling is your thing, Serfas products aren't for you. If you like to ride, and ride lots this saddle might be right for you too.

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia - SLR's, gels, etc.

Bike Setup:   Colnago Strada SC, Campy Centaur, etc.

Submitted by cottoneg a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2007

Strengths:    Comfort
Light weight
Has a cut-out

Weaknesses:    The covering is a vinyl like material

Bottom Line:
I am not sure I understand the review below. It seems he is upset that he overpaid for a saddle and is blaming Serfas that it is actually a Velo? He bashes the saddle in his review because he paid $60 for a saddle that he basically already had. Hmmmm?

Saddles are tough to review as everyone is so different and everyone has their own opinion.

Finding the right saddle can take some time. I have had this saddle for two years. It seems very similar to the Forté Pro SLX Saddle. I actually like the Forté Pro SLX Saddle but the embroidery is abrasive to my shorts. I purchased a Serfas Stinger. I like the cutout. It seems to eliminate pressure and properly distributes your weight for ride-all-day comfort. It is lightly padded and basically a flat saddle, except for the cut-out area. I like flat saddles better than curved saddles. I find it a very comfortable saddle and most of my rides are around 40 miles +. The material is not as nice as the Forté Pro SLX Saddles leather, but it has held up well over the years.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia XO, Bontrager, Forté Pro SLX,

Bike Setup:   2001 Univega Modo Volare

Submitted by jberenyi a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2006

Strengths:    None really.

Weaknesses:    Knock off of the Velo OEM bike seats that come with new bikes

Bottom Line:
When I found out this was a cheap knock off from Velo boy was I disappointed and immediately returned the saddle. My new Felt F2C Team came with their version and it was a Serfas in disguise. I was getting ripped off $70 for a saddle you can buy new on Ebay for $10 all day long. Some people are sure ignorant and many pay the price.

Purchased At:   Local Shop

Bike Setup:   Felt F2C Team

Submitted by smoothmtb a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2006

Strengths:    Good weight, durability (enough for my xc hardtail), price and warranty...

Weaknesses:    too inexpensive for the compulsive spender.

Bottom Line:
This has been an excellent saddle which, if you're into the wafer thin slr style, will be right on for you. The price is really a bonus and the weight actually insures more durability than the Italian slr makes. On top of all this, the Serfas customer service is the best. I call them sometimes just to talk about the weather.

Purchased At:   somewhere in Alabama

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia slr, velo slr ripoff...

Bike Setup:   Airborne Zeppelin, Curtlo cx...