Serfas Terazzo Select Mens Saddles

4.17/5 (6 Reviews)

• Gel insert placed around perimeter for soft tissue protection • Manganese rails • Made in Italy • 260 gr

Submitted by 13loodcurse a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2008

Strengths:    Great Look. Quality Leather. Sound Design.

Weaknesses:    Stiff Leather Top.

Bottom Line:
Added the Serfas Comfort-Gel Saddle to my Y-Foil Roadie to replace my Trek-Gel Saddle($25), a saddle that didnt have a leather top. The serfas saddle was not as comfortable as expected. This is caused by STIFF leather top. The comfort gel-insert is HARDLY felt. This serfas saddle has a great look, quality leather, and sound design. My old gel-saddle without a leather top out-performed the serfas. My verdict is D+ for comfort.

Favorite Ride:   Y-Foil 77

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Trek Gel Saddle

Submitted by dekindy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2008

Strengths:    Firm and Comfortable, yet cushions you where you need it.

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of.

Bottom Line:
Good saddle for the money. But I am fortunate that I can tolerate most saddles. I have not used any yet that have been torture devices. I would definitely purchase again. I have ridden it about 1,500 miles with no problems.

Purchased At:   LBS - Bicycle Garage

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Alliante Sport, Paramount saddle.

Bike Setup:   Schwinn Paramount

Submitted by Jorog a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2007

Strengths:    Light
Good Leather Cover

Weaknesses:    Bit Numbing to Me on Uphills

Bottom Line:
Summary: This is a nice saddle which is light and comfortable for middle distance. I can't recommend it for everything, my butt gets a bit numb on long uphills.

Pretty light saddle (215 grams advertised) and basically comfortable. I'm not sure I'm sold on the cutout as being necessary as I also gave the Serfas Aria (same basic shape without the cutout) an extended try and didn't notice that much difference. The Treazzo is slightly more comfortable. After more than a year it's proven to be a nice saddle which has held up well.

Favorite Ride:   Old La Honda

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Serfas Aria
Selle Italia SLR

Bike Setup:   Frankenbike with Pedal Force frame, Cane Creek Wheels, Ritchey stem and bars, 105 shifters and brakes and CarbonLord cranks.

Submitted by mdexter a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2006

Strengths:    Very comfortable -- even on first ride. Max ride so far is 60 miles, but no problems.

Weaknesses:    None so far. Don't know about durability.

Bottom Line:
Bought this as an "emergency" replacement for Selle Italia PROLINK that was killing me (pressure point at bad place). I had only 3 weeks to get ready for 400 mile tour. Twas love at first sit. I've ridden 350 miles on this saddle in past 2 weeks and have not had any problems. I think my seat problems are behind me!

Favorite Ride:   South Lake Washington loop

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia PROLINK GEL

Bike Setup:   Giance OCR Composite 2, stock except saddle

Submitted by Cinosweive a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2005

Strengths:    No pain! light weight, smooth leather cover.

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of.

Bottom Line:
So far this is one comfortable ride. I haven't tried it on any really long rides yet, all have been 30 miles or less – but so far, absolutely no pain in either the perenium or the sitbones. No pain at all. None! It almost seems too good to be true. No previous saddle had gotten me past the 10-mile mark without my seriously questioning my choice of hobbies (except for maybe the Terry Fly - which is a pretty good saddle too).

Serfas makes two versions of this saddle, the Terrazo, and the Terrazo Select. Both are performance saddles – that is, they are NOT the big cushy saddles people normally associate w/ Serfas. The Terrazo is a lighter version of the two and is intended for racing. The Terrazo Select is the one I am writing about - it is intended for training and long distance rides. It is about the same size and weight as the Terry Fly. I have the Terry Fly as well, but so far I like the Terrazo Select better. I have moved the Fly to my mountain bike until further notice.

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Terry Fly, Fizik Pogio, Selle Royal somethingorother gel, too many asshatchets to count.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale/Ultegra