Serfas Terrazzo Saddles

• Classic road styling and design
• Made in Italy
• New see thru base for added soft tissue protection
• Gel insert located around perimeter relieves edge pressure
• Extra light Ti-Matrix tubular rails
• 215 gr

Submitted by CyclingChica a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2009

Strengths:    Price--pretty reasonable; I work at a shop, so the price I listed is for a slightly used saddle & with my discount.

Weaknesses:    Weight--maybe a tad heavier than your normal racing saddle

Bottom Line:
Yes, saddles are personal. I have also had luck with ANY Serfas product I have used, be it a race, tri, or commuter saddle. This one keeps the sores to a minimum, and fits my "sits bones" nicely. Not too long a nose, and just about the right amount of padding.

Favorite Ride:   Sunny & Dry

Purchased At:   Trailhead

Similar Products Used:   Selle Itallia Flite Gel
Fizik Wing Flex

Bike Setup:   I have 8 bikes; we'll not get into thsi one...

Submitted by billallbritten a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2005

Strengths:    Firm, no issue with padding bunching up against sensitive spots. Slot design seems to do what it is intended to do. Leatherwork is first rate, stitching superb, color trim doesn't wear off. Approximately 135mm width - if you need a wider saddle, you need a wider saddle. No binding of thighs or rubbing of soft tissue. Comfortable sitting somewhat upright as well as bent over (note - bike has flat handlebar.) Supports sit bones just fine. Comfortable after usual trial and error adjustment. The bike "feels" responsive with the saddle, a bit "heavy" with the stock saddle and the Brooks (subjective, for sure.) Easy to stand off of. Ti rails seem to absorb more road chatter than steel rails on Bontrager or Brooks saddle.

Weaknesses:    None really, no idea how the leather outer cover will wear over time, no sign of abrasion or stitching wear so far. A bit pricey - $100.00

Bottom Line:
My LBS owner recommended this saddle after I complained about the stock saddle on the 7500FX causing discomfort that adjustment just didn't seem to be able to remedy. I was skeptical of being able to use the Terrazo - hard, narrow, etc., I also like Brooks saddles so the hard bit wasn't a deal killer. Anyway, after a tryout, I decided to keep the Terrazo. I am not a racer or even a particularly fast rider. After tinkering with the adjustment - dead level then just a tad of nose up and working with saddle height and fore/aft positioning for a couple of weeks, one combination just finally felt right. Initially, I always wore padded shorts with the saddle and switched to my Brooks for commuting but I'm leaving the Serfas on now and find I'm fine with it in dress slacks, cords, etc., for office wear. No problems of numbness or pain with the Serfas, it just took a while for the tissue over the sit bones to feel right but no issues now. I'm 6'1", 208 lbs so I'm big. I did 40 miles on the saddle last Sunday, no saddle related issues. The flat front to back profile is good for me, I can't tolerate a bike saddle that kicks up too much in the back either from design or from too much, too soft padding.

To get "situated" I mount towards the nose and slide back till things are all in place, then no problem. There's probably a canon way of doing this but this works for me.

Favorite Ride:   Trek 7500FX

Purchased At:   Bikeworld, Paducah,

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Race Luxe (stock), Trek something or other, Brooks Pro ('74), Brooks Team Pro ('05), Avocet Gel mens saddle. I like the Team Pro but get some rubbing sensation in a couple of places.

Bike Setup:   7500FX stock as per Trek's specs except for saddle and Shimano 324 pedals

Submitted by rootberry a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2005

Strengths:    -Much lighter than a stock saddle
-Seems pretty well built
-the "taint relief system" does it's job remarkably well

Weaknesses:    -to narrow in the butt bone region
-absolutely no give to the padding in the butt bone region (although some might count that as a strength)
-could be a little longer, but I am above average height

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle because the stock saddle on my bike (a bontrager race or race lite) was giving me incredible amounts of "taint pressure". The saddle's cutout helped in this area tremendously, but it turns out that the overall shape of the thing is to narrow for me. I don't know much about road saddles yet, but this one has helped me to discover that I need a wider overall saddle. So, Since I saw that there was no review for it- I thought I'd let all you wide butt bone guys know!

Favorite Ride:   As far from civilization as possible.

Bike Setup:   frame? -check