Specialized Jett Womens Saddle Saddles

Completely redesigned, this is a race level, no compromise women's saddle with patented Body Geometry technology

Submitted by tailwinds8 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2009

Strengths:    Cute saddle.

Weaknesses:    Hurts and bruises

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle up in the northeast where cycling season was short and rides were not the distance I was used to. It was okay. I've been back home now and ride all year around, longer distances. I experience more problems with this saddle than I have any other in over 20 years. I finally bought another today. I get bruised, and yesterday, my sit area was irriated and swollen. Railing too high, stitching on the saddle is unneeded and padding is not suitable for women.

Favorite Ride:   Paris Brest Paris

Similar Products Used:   I just bought a new Specialized Ruby. Haven't tried it yet but the design looks sleeker and more comfortable.

Bike Setup:   Titanium road bike. Road biking and long dsitance cycling

Submitted by RodBikr a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have used this saddle for a whole year, and why I do not know. I guess I am tired of buying different saddles and spending the money, and wanted to make one work. I have resorted to wearing 2 pairs of shorts with this saddle. It, in a word, SUCKS. There are seams that fall right on spots on your butt that get sore VERY quickly. I am even bruised and raw after century rides. DO NOT BUY. After a year I am finally moving on. I cycle about 4-5000 miles/year so believe me, I have really tested this one.

Favorite Ride:   Blood, Sweat and Gears

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   I've tried Terry, Selle, you name it...still looking for a good saddle with no luck. Help!

Bike Setup:   My sweet custom titanium Lynskey is something I really enjoy and love. I just need to find the right saddle to go with it.

Submitted by caroline a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2007

Strengths:    Did a good job of relieving female part pressure.

Weaknesses:    PAINFUL on my sit bones, never a problem on any other saddle.

Bottom Line:
So I bought this saddle, super excited to got on a long ride. Within the first 10 feet I knew there was a problem and after 20 minutes and numerous adjustments I called it quits. I bought the seat to relieve pressure on female parts (which is a problem for me on long rides). In that respect, the saddle did a pretty good job. HOWEVER, my sit bones absolutely killed - something I'd never experience with any 'guys' saddle. The saddle does come in different widths (I bought the middle - 143), but as I never had any problem with a male saddle in that regard I didn't think it necessary to buy a wider saddle. Looking at the saddle compared to the stock one on my bike its not any narrower at the back but at the point where it first comes into a point (and that's where I could feel it hurting).

Favorite Ride:   anything in the alps

Purchased At:   Veloland

Submitted by miatagal96 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2006

Strengths:    Very comfortable for the first 20 miles. You can feel very precisely where you should be seated. It is very comfortable on my female parts--no problems at all there.

Weaknesses:    I need more padding where my sit bones sit.

Bottom Line:
The seat feels very comfortable at first, but after about 40 miles over 2 days, my sit bones get sore. I bought shorts with more padding and that helped but didn't solve the problem. I know people who love the seat but I couldn't overcome the sore sit bone issue. I moved this seat to my mountain bike and I really like it there as long as I don't do a killer seated climb.

Similar Products Used:   WTB Laser V (no sit bone problems here but it's the OEM very heavy version of this seat); Fizik Nisene (no sit bone problems but occasional female part problems).

Bike Setup:   Specialized Roubaix Comp.