Specialized Milano Sport Gel Saddles

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Specialized's Milano Sport Gel Saddle puts you in the lap of luxury with their renowned Body Geometry technology, which optimizes ergonomics for a...

Submitted by Paul

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2014

Strengths:    Nice padded gel, durable, easy installation. It just plain works

Weaknesses:    Pricey

Bottom Line:
I bought a new Giant carbon hybrid and the stock saddle just starting to hurt after 12 miles. It may have been also because it was my first ride in 6 months. I did not want to go through the excruciating pain again so I swapped to the Milano. Did another 20 miles ----problem solved.

Submitted by xrayvizhen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2011

Strengths:    Price, Gel Padding, Cutout, Comfortable and firm at the same time.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
While it's still early, I have to submit a 5-star rating on the Milano Sport Gel Saddle. The Bontrager R1 that came with my Trek 1.5 nearly crippled me. OK, I'm exaggerating a bit, but I did have some painfully sleepless nights after several summer evening rides because that saddle was literally, a pain in the ass. I then switched to a Bell something or other – a big squishy thing that I had lying around and that was no better. After an hour’s ride, it literally felt like something was invading my colon because it was too soft. That, combined with the chafing between my thighs and the numbness in the last place on a man’s body that should be numb, sent the Bell back into the basement.

The Milano is a revelation. The way the cutout is designed completely eliminates the numbness I had experienced previously and the gel padding near the rear of the saddle is perfectly positioned to support the sit bones yet it’s soft enough at the same time to smooth out the ride. The saddle material allows you to shift positions here and there while riding and overall, to my sensitive tush, it’s not too firm and not too soft either. Best of all, I had no pain, no numbness and no chafing. At only $60, it's a great bargain for a quality Specialized "BG" saddle.

Purchased At:   Marty's Reliable Cyc