Terry Fly Tri Gel Saddles

4.34/5 (41 Reviews)

• Store Price

The ultimate in comfortable bike saddles for men, ridden and universally loved around the world. Introduced in 1999, the Italian-made Fly represents the best in all that research and development. The Ti version takes comfort up to the next level as a wond

Submitted by kjung a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2011

Strengths:    Light weight. Well made, with one exception (see below). Has relieved the pressure points, and so far has been a pleasure to ride. SMP Glider left me with some severe rub spots, and in fairness, it may have been a bit too wide.

Weaknesses:    A bit 'un-level' when set on a flat surface prior to mounting, but not enough that it is noticed in a ride.

Bottom Line:
So far so good. Have used it on a number of rides up to 45 miles (some hammerfests). No "hot spots", rub spots, or raw spots.
Have a couple of longer rides coming up that should be a good test of the product.
So far, the best saddle I have used. Seems to be a proven design, with a long history. I wouldn't say it 'disappears' under me, but at the end of a ride, the legs are tired (as it should be), but not the butt.

Favorite Ride:   A1A

Purchased At:   Modern Bike (Online)

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Aliante, Koobi PRS, Brooks Pro, Selle SMP Glider.

Bike Setup:   Quattro Assi Team 2000
Ultegra Drive Train
Rol Volant Wheels

Submitted by cyclist brent a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2011

Strengths:    very comfortable from day one. Lasted over 10 years. Hard pressed to top that.

Weaknesses:    wish it was lighter, but honestly, around 250 isn't bad. They have a carbon version, but I can't use it with my Ritchey one bolt with the side clamp.

Bottom Line:
I rode this on my Bianchi 2000-2010. Then on my new Wilier for Spring 2011. Very comfortable and very long lasting saddle. I've put a lot of miles on it. Everyone will say that saddles have a break in period, but honestly, a good saddle will be comfortable from the first day. This saddle was a 100x's better than anything I had been riding at the time. I'm in search of a replacement and have been trying other brands, but I'm having a hard time finding anything as nice. Right now I'm liking the Prologo Scratch Nack Pro, but after 90-100 miles, I'm really missing that cut out. I may end up with another Terry. Note I'm only 140 lbs but that cut out makes a big difference on a long ride.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere with a group

Purchased At:   ...a long time ago!

Similar Products Used:   Fizik pave (terrible), Prologo Scratch Nack Pro (very nice), Selle SMP Evolution (surprised me as the worst saddle I ever rode. Actually hurt my inner hamstrings and tears up your shorts), Terry FLX (should have been nice, but felt way too hard)

Bike Setup:   15.9 lb Wilier Imperiale, Campy Chorus, Easton carbon clincher

Submitted by cspike a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2011

Strengths:    No frills, straight out of the box comfortable with competitive weight.

Weaknesses:    Maybe wear and tear, but I can really only compare it to the flite saddles I used to use way back when.

Bottom Line:
I tried the Terry Fly Ti saddle when it first came out. It was easy to get used to, and comfortable over the long haul. The original had a suede like textured cover that became very smooth over time, but bled when damp. I retired it for the newer carbon railed model, but I still use this saddle on my commuter bike. As mentioned, saddles are a very personal part of the bike. When you find one that works for you, stay with it.

Favorite Ride:   Anything scenic

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Fizik arione and gobi, Selle San Marco Aspide Arrowhead.

Bike Setup:   Serotta Ti with Dura Ace 7800, Rol Alp D'Huez wheels, Reynolds carbon bars, Terry FLX carbon saddle and time rxs carbon pedals.

Submitted by tenacean a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2010

Strengths:    Fits by backside and has worn well over the years.

Weaknesses:    None that I've found

Bottom Line:
I got lucky...sort of. I did my research and this seat consistently got great reviews. I replaced my stock seat three years ago and I haven't looked back. I ride short and long and it's comfortable, it's worn well, and it doesn't weight a lot - the trifecta. Seats are personal things...you always pay close attentin to where you contact the bike...and the Terry Fly seat has served me well!

Favorite Ride:   09 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL2

Speedplay Stainless pedals
Fulcrum Racing Zero wheelset

Submitted by stgparris a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2010

Strengths:    Plush ride. Price.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
I purchased this saddle after being sized properly for the first time for a saddle. It's the chromoly version but still applies here. after less than a week I've noticed this saddle to be all too comfortable and I feel like I'm riding a form fitted seat. The only saddle that might come close to this would be a Brooks Swallow though it doesn't have padding. After riding it my normally sore spine seemed to straighten right out and it felt oh so good. Definitely get yourself sized for a saddle if the bicycle shop you frequent knows how to do this and has the right tools for the job.

Favorite Ride:   bicycle tours