American Classic Titanium Seatpost Seatposts

3.56/5 (9 Reviews)

• Patented Micro Adjusting Clamp (Tilt The Saddle Up And Down, Fore And Aft)
  • Lightweight
  • Also Available in Aluminum

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Dennis Morawski a Recreational Rider from Youngstown, Ohio,USA

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2002

Strengths:    low weight, reliability, adjustability

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    Ah the seatpost. So simple yet so many choices... I choose the AC ti because of its light weight and the long standing tried and true design of the aluminum version. I figured the high price for ti and the fact that design improvements in seat posts are few and far between, this would be a seat post that would last me a very long time. So far I've used it for 6 years with unremarkable reliability. Once adjsusted, it stay there. I like the micro-adjustability but once in position forget about it (as it should be). The overall weight is low. Few posts out there today can out-light my AC ti. I believe I spent my money well. The post contributes to the aesthetics of my bike and it overall low weight

Favorite Ride:   wind at my back downhill!

Purchased At:   Excel Sports

Similar Products Used:   Campy record

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Classic, Campy Record 10, Campy Neutron Wheels

Submitted by Nessism a Recreational Rider from Lorain, Ohio

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Strengths:    One piece: good looks, reliable, used to be good price
    Two piece: longer than one piece, strong and reliable

Weaknesses:    One piece: a bit short for some people
    Two piece: poor surface finish

Bottom Line:
    This review is for the aluminum posts. The old origional model is a one piece post made in the USA. This is the one that made the reputation for the company. Very nice looking, reliable, and cheap. The newer model is made from two pieces with the head glued onto the mast. Two piece is made in Taiwan or mainland China and has a much lower surface finish quality. Also the head looks slightly different -not as good to my eye. AC still sells the nice one piece model only when the two piece came out they raised the price from $35 to $55!

Favorite Ride:   Backroads

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey WCS

Bike Setup:   Lugged steel

Submitted by Dano a Road Racer from Newport Beach, CA

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2001

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    It is the definition of weakness.

Bottom Line:
    This report is on the AL version. Took delivery of new bike today. Did the setup (Racer/mechanic for 40+ years so I did it right) On maiden ride, 100 meters from the front door, the adhesive between the top and lower portions of the post failed!Result: a rotating saddle and NO way to fix it. CS customer support is sending a replacement (CS did say that they have had very good results with this post with a low percentage of failures)I put a mid 90s Camy SR on and it looks so good I may stick with it, and since I used this post in a jillion points races,keirins, and match sprints without failure - I can trust it.

Note: I weigh 215, but I was not hamering when this silly thing failed. Any product that fails first time out should get -points. CS will make it right because they are a good shop, and if the replacment post does perfom well I will repost (assuming I take the Campy out!)

Favorite Ride:   Every one of 'em

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Campy alloy, SR & Chorus

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Palmares, DA, Mavic Cosmos, 3t

Submitted by Eric Long a Road Racer from Ft. Benning, GA USA

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2001

Strengths:    AL Model.Easy to adjust. Follow the directions or you will break the clamp. Light weight. Old school looks...classic.
    Tough...in use for 6 years and hit by a truck...broke leg, not post. Excellent product support from AMClassic.

Weaknesses:    Weathered look over time. Seat bag mat rub polish off the post.

Bottom Line:
    Keepin it simple. Not as trick as Carbon fibre, but light and tough. Used by racers (of all categories) for 3 decades. Cheep- about 35-40 bucks. 4.5 stars....nothing is perfect

Favorite Ride:   6 Gap Century, Dahlonega GA

Purchased At:   Shop in Tacoma WA

Similar Products Used:   Campagnolo, SR, Suntour

Bike Setup:   QuattroAssi Genius, DA, Amclassic, cane creek

Submitted by Michael Kaspareck a Recreational Rider from Williamsburg, VA

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2000

Strengths:    Old posts - see below

Weaknesses:    see below

Bottom Line:
    I'm writing about the American Classic aluminum post. I have used American Classic seat posts in the past and always liked them. Just bought a beater bike and needed a good post, so I ordered another AC post. What came in the mail on 29 Nov 2000 was a piece of crap: clamp bolt frozen in clamp (unfinished threads), file mark on post, indifferent finish, ugly logo and not 27.2 mm diameter as marked. This is not the old American Classic. What happened?

One star for looking like a good tool with which to pound tomato stakes into the ground next spring.

Favorite Ride:   Williamsburg Road Race course