Campagnolo Chorus Ti Seatposts

The Campagnolo Chorus titanium seatpost sums up what the Chorus group is all about: exceptional functionality and performance, combined with great aethestic appeal.

Submitted by Jared Purdy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2008

Strengths:    Very strong, light, simple, attractive, will last for ever, great vibration dampening properties.

Weaknesses:    Campy doesn't make it anymore. Surely they must realize that alloy is so yesterday and harsh for a seat post, and that there are a lot of riders who prefer steel frames.

Bottom Line:
I put that I didn't purchase this because technically I didn't. I did however buy a new Colnago Master with a full campy record groupo in August of 2005, which of course came with the Campy record carbon seat post, which of course didn't work on the Colnago Master steel frame!. As it is steel, and should therefore be treated on the inside to prevent rust from developing on the tubes, I found that no matter how tight I cranked the seat post binder bold, the post would slip. So, I set out to see what was out there, not knowing that Campy had made a ti seat post. I went to Racer Sportif and saw that they had a mint condition used one, and Denis (the owner) was more than happy to do a straight swap. That was that. No slipping, its light, same design as the carbon, just titanium, looks nice, stronger than carbon, will out last anything out there. Nuff said.

Favorite Ride:   Campbellville, Niangara escarpment, southern Ontario

Purchased At:   Racer Sportif, Toron

Similar Products Used:   Campy Nouvo and Super Record and Record Carbon.

Bike Setup:   Colnago Master(2005) with full Campy Record 2005 Groupo (Record alloy cranks), and Chorus (2004?) Ti seatpost, Ambrosio Nemesis 32 hole rims, 14 gauge DT spokes, Conti Sprinters, Fizik Aliante Ti/Carbon saddle, Cinelli RAM bar/stem, Time RSX pedals, Polar CS 100 heart rate monitor/cyclometer, Elite stainless steel cages.

Submitted by Bloatedpig a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2004

Strengths:    Campagnolo is simply the best folks. It's light, easy to adjust, beautiful to look at...........what more could you ask for?

Weaknesses:    Yea right..........

Bottom Line:
Campy got this post right. No more 2-bolt, unreachable adjusting nightmares like thier Nuovo Record I was used to. This 1-Allen Bolt, underneath design is the cats meow. The serrated teeth and adjustable tilt are beautifully incorporated into this masterpiece. I am using a San Marco regal atop and it was far too easy to adjust and go. The garbage Titanium Bianchi Post that this is replacing was a miserable design. I could never get it tight enough or adjust enough tilt.

Favorite Ride:   Bianchi XL EV2 Campagnolo Mix

Similar Products Used:   Campy Nuovo Record, Bianchi Titanium, U.S.E. Carbon.

Bike Setup:   EV2 Triple-Butted Aluminum frame in Celeste of course with Campy Record/Chorus mix. San Marco Regal saddle, Cinelli cork tape, Continental Grand Prix clinchers, Ritchey bars and ITM stem.

Submitted by zyppyty a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2004

Strengths:    Light, strong, and adds the right amount of dampening to the sometimes painful ride my aluminum frame gives.

Weaknesses:    didn't enable me to win the Tour de France last year...otherwise, none

Bottom Line:
I bought this to use on my aluminum frame to take some of the harshness out of longer rides and the improvement has been incredible. It was nice to shave a few grams off, too. Nice clean design and easy to adjust. Never would have thought a seatpost could make me so happy...maybe I'm spending a little too much time on the bike. Too bad the dollar is so weak cause I'm sure the price could be better for us Americans.

Favorite Ride:   hills, flats, sun, rain, snow, wind, day, night...

Purchased At:   somewhere online

Similar Products Used:   Thomson Elite, Syncros, Bontrager carbon

Bike Setup:   sorry, if I start making a list it'll remind me how much I've spent

Submitted by Randy Lovell a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2003

Strengths:    Very pretty, light, not too expensive.

Weaknesses:    Not too cheap either

Bottom Line:
This is really a nice quality part. Noticably lighter than the stock aluminum one. Not much difference in ride quality but thats not why I got it. The toothed adjusting head makes setting tilt a hit and miss affair, although I got lucky and it works perfectly.

Favorite Ride:   Hilly and smooth