Campagnolo Chorus Seatposts

• Diameter Ø 27.2mm

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Dennis Rank a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2006

Strengths:    Pretty

Weaknesses:    Doesn't actually work!

Bottom Line:
    This is for the 2006 Chorus carbon post, purchased for a new bike. Don’t buy this post.

The problem is in the head design, which uses very fine grooves to (supposedly) help keep the saddle angle and fore/aft position fixed. They simply don’t work, and the saddle slips continually. I have cranked the fixing bolt extremely tight, to the point I worry about either breaking the hex wrench or stripping the bolt threads. It will hold for a couple of days or a couple of weeks, but inevitably when I hit a sharp bump there’s a loud and terrifying CRACK and the seat slips. After this happened a few times the grooves started to get worn and the slipping has gotten worse.

The problem appears to be that there are two sets of grooves, one on the left and one on the right. It’s impossible to tell if you’re in the “same” groove on each side because they’re so finely spaced. If the grooves aren’t exactly matched side to side, then the seat mounting plate is actually sitting at a slight angle (you can’t see this). That means the grooves aren’t fully engaged so no matter how tight that bolt is, the head slips. It may slip even if they ARE correctly engaged – I can’t tell as I’ve never managed to keep it from slipping for more than 3 weeks.

Similar Products Used:   Older Campy record and chorus 1 and 2 bolt posts. All worked great

Bike Setup:   2006 Litespeed Tuscany with full Chorus (but not for long!)

Submitted by ahaspherus a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2005

Strengths:    All

Bottom Line:
    I had AC seatpost, breaked it. Now I use this. No problems at all. Comfortable.

Favorite Ride:   steel

Similar Products Used:   AC

Bike Setup:   Coppi+Veloce

Submitted by JOUNG IM a Road Racer from Seoul, Korea

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2002

Strengths:    nice look.
    It has specially designed surface so it prevents scratching.(from seat tube etc)
    Lightweight steel tube is stronger than most aluminium seatpost.
    Very secure seat clamp, it prevents slip.

Weaknesses:    It gathers some rust inside, so you have to greese.
    Angle adjustment is quantized, so it can be a problem but I think that's enough.

Bottom Line:
    datona/centaur version with steel tube.
    I used this for 1 year.
    It provides large setback for cyclist.
    Reliable. It has no fatal defect.

Favorite Ride:   www.corearoadbike.com

Purchased At:   KOREA

Bike Setup:   frame : wilier mortirolo (easton scandium 7000)
    fork : mizuno carbon
    wheelset : shimano wh7701
    rest component : shimano dura-ace + ultegra

Submitted by DaveG a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2002

Strengths:    strong and simple
    clamp design resists slipping
    decent setback
    large clamp design very secure

Weaknesses:    not infinitely adjustable
    not the lightest

Bottom Line:
    This review is for the steel shaft Centaur/Daytona version. If you are looking for a seatpost with a decent amount of setback this is a good choice. While the clamp design is not truly infinitely adjustable, I did not have an issue getting the angle I wanted.

Purchased At:   Glory Cycles