Dean Ultimate Bicycles Titanium Seatpost Seatposts

• 26.8, 27.2 x 250mm

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by AsianPersuasion a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2005

Strengths:    Strong, light, lively, Ti.

Weaknesses:    Cheap decals. Mine are all gone. Actually looks better now.

Bottom Line:
    It's a nice post that has a great microadjustability. It is strong but lively which is the best attribute of Ti. I had this post originally on my Ti MTB but moved it over to my carbon road bike to give the super stiff frame some life. Since I got the MTB version (same post, just longer), it is a little heavy. I supposed I can cut it down to shave some weight but I'll get to that when I get to that.

Favorite Ride:   NYC

Purchased At:   DEAN

Similar Products Used:   Thompson, Easton

Bike Setup:   96 Trek 5200, Ultegra, Ksyrium Elite, Easton Carbon bar, Trico splitrail

Submitted by flythebike a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2004

Strengths:    Sturdy post that feels great and stays adjusted with the micro head. Superlative customer service.

Weaknesses:    Heavy compared to carbon, pricey. Decals are stickers and come off unless you're real careful with them.

Bottom Line:
    Real nice post. Beautiful finish. I overtightened a bolt and it snapped. I sent the post back to Dean and they refinished it and fitted replacement bolts for free. Can't beat that for customer support. Great product for what it is but weight weenies will want carbon. Dean does make a lightweight post that might satisfy the weenies.

Favorite Ride:   no bag on my back

Purchased At:   College Park Bike