DEDA Supercarbon Seatposts

Extraordinary seat posta made totally in carbon fiber. Monocoque structure, patented adjusting system. Alloy clamp. Patented semispherical head bolt. Deda system for quick assembly.

Submitted by Neil a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2011

Strengths:    Full carbon including clamp and looks sweet on my 2007 Look 565

Weaknesses:    Seat clamp slips (I weigh 65kg)

Bottom Line:
Broke my old Alu post so decided to upgrade to full carbon. Online reviews had suggested that this post has a habit of the saddle clamp slipping. At the price I decided to take my chances. Sadly it does and I have to carry a hex key in my saddle bag for the times when I hit a bump, hear a creak, and find the saddle pointing skyward between my legs. Glue is the next option. Overall still satisfied and will get it sorted out.

Favorite Ride:   Macquarie Pass, NSW, Australia

Purchased At:   online UK bikeshop

Bike Setup:   Look 565 with Ultegra and DA cranks. Shimano RS 80 wheels

Submitted by neill a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2007

Strengths:    looks, weight

Weaknesses:    hmm - the seat clamp at the top slips - you can crank this thing down very very hard but with a weight transfer to the back of the saddle bang - all of a sudden my arione is pointing to the sky like a Saturn Rocket. Fixed via applying tub glue...!

Bottom Line:
pretty seatpost, light, lovely shape...interesting tilt adjustment (basically friction on a rubber band)

Favorite Ride:   sea to sky highway

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Thompson (nice but MTBish), USE (light but a bstard to adjust), Campy

Bike Setup:   seatpost travels between and Orbea Onix with record and a Colnago Master Olympic with DA9