Ritchey WCS Carbon Seatposts

• Lightweight monocoque construction
  • Low profile clamp
  • Bolts oriented to the axis of the rails
  • 25mm offset

Submitted by Jack83 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2007

Strengths:    Weight. Very light. Beautiful.

Weaknesses:    Clap, Clap, Clap. Pain to adjust and tighten. Has flex in it when extended near min. insertion line.

Bottom Line:
I bought this seat post for both my bikes. I wanted a post that would match my Ritchey cockpit.

The best part about this post is the weight. It is very light. It is also beautiful.

The worst part about the post is the clamp. It is bad. It is nearly impossible to make minor adjustments. Then tightening the clamp is just as worse. Since the head is carbon I am afraid to tighten it too much because I don't want to crack the carbon. But at the same time if it is not tightened enough the saddle will shot up to a 45 degree angle on the 1st bump. And the two bolts have to be tightened about equal or else the saddle will shot up to a 45 degree angle. I had to stand quickly on my bike when I felt the saddle move.

Advice: Once you have an angle you like just keep it.

I have a classic geometry frame and a compact frame. On the classic geometry frame the post is stiff. On the compact frame I had it close to and even a little past the minimum insertion line and had other riders tell me that the post sways under power. This post is good for classic geometry frames only!!!

I love Ritchey parts, but this post sucks.

Favorite Ride:   Fast and hilly