Williams Cycling Ionic-CCS Seatposts

The Williams Ionic CCS seatpost is a triumph of design. We set out to create a seatpost with a competitively low weight and unparalleled durability and ease of use. Many companies pair a carbon fiber post with an alloy head, but not us. We construct both the length of the post and the head with high modulus carbon fiber, which keeps the weight of the seatpost impressively low. But we use alloy clamping hardware for bulletproof durability. The strength and weight of this seatpost are exciting, but it's the design that makes it a cut above. The clamp utilizes a two bolt system. This allows you to dial in the angle of your saddle with unrivaled precision. And, the clamp is designed to work flawlessly with Williams SLC carbon rail saddles.

Submitted by seanbelushi a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2014

Strengths:    Weight, good looks.

Weaknesses:    The centerline marking on the back is VERY slightly off of center. Otherwise, no weaknesses yet.

Bottom Line:
Just received my new Williams CCS seatpost for Christmas. It replaces a 3T Dorico Pro on my Felt F5 Team road bike. The advertised weight from Williams is 167 grams, and on my scale weighs EXACTLY 167 grams. The finish on the carbon is nice, without any excessive resin or buildup on the inside of the post.
Truth be told, I haven't had a chance to ride outside yet, as here in Colorado it's been a bit chilly lately. I have done a couple trainer rides, and everything seems copacetic. Will post updates as I get to ride outdoors.

Purchased At:   Williams Cycling web