Campagnolo Mirage ErgoPower Shifter/Brake Lever Shifters

• ErgoBrain Computer Ready

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by tvphobic a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2008

Strengths:    The shift feel is just like Veloce, which is just like Centaur. Quick, positive, accurate, multiple up and downshifts.

Weaknesses:    Not as phenomenally smooth as Chorus/Record, but for this low price point, fantastic. Also, for the insecure, some people won't be impressed by the low-key look. I think it's cool.

Bottom Line:
    This review is for the Campagnolo Mirage Ergopower, 9-speed version. This product is a sleeper, it's black composite (plastic), not shiny, not carbon, but it can take a licking and keep on ticking, so to speak.

Purchased At:   Cycles Plus, Hunting

Similar Products Used:   Athena 9 ergos, Centaur, a few spins on Chorus, and all the Shimano STI versions.

Bike Setup:   The Mirage Ergopowers were actuating a Mirage RD and FD.

Submitted by oily666 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2007

Strengths:    They do all you could ask for. More comfortable than the new design.

Weaknesses:    I overshift when I get on my 10 speed Look.

Bottom Line:
    My Mirage Ergos are 8 speed. They came on my Bianchi Eros in 1996 and have performed flawlessly since new. They felt about the same as Record when new but everyone said they'd wear out quickly (probably Shimano owners). The only service they've received is an occasional shot of Prolink. While this is not my only bike, these shifters still have over 25K miles yet feel like new. I've rebuilt my Chorus 10 speeds once already in only four years.

Favorite Ride:   68 and sunny

Purchased At:   stoughton cycle

Similar Products Used:   Chorus 10

Submitted by Torpado_Guy a Recreational Rider from Detroit

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2002

Strengths:    light, sure, Ergo comfortable, awesome stealth looks, highly affordable

Weaknesses:    None thus far

Bottom Line:
    Purchased to use on a bike built with all: light, black and inexpensive components, for all weather use (1990 Colnago). The Mirage composite levers feel the same as Record to me (I wear fingerless gloves), which I like. It feels light under my finger tips, but seems to give a sort of warmer positive grip than metal levers. Every shift is crisp and precise with an appropriate post 2000 Daytona rear der. Hood design is basically the same as Record too. All black is tops in my book, and at significantly less than half the cost of Record! If these "brifters" hold up, then I'm hooked!

Favorite Ride:   84 Torpado & 99 Litespeed