Home | Reviews | Stems | 3T

3T Zep Stem Stems

2.69/5 (13 Reviews)

130 grams (110mm) CNC machined from 2030 alloy with Titanium hardware.

Submitted by DM.Aelis a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
Short and sweet. Bought the stem, trusted the 3T name and the light weight, figured I got a good deal.

Playful little sprint on flat ground (not even all out), bolts on faceplate snap, I go down, nasty road rash and bruises.

Disappointed in the extreme. 2 bolt version, I'm never buying a 2 bolt again and certainly not a 3T again.

Terrible product. BUYER BEWARE

Favorite Ride:   uphill

Purchased At:   ebay

Submitted by derek mcclain a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2007

Strengths:    light, good feel from road, perfect angle, no previous problems.

Weaknesses:    upper bolt snapped, causing uncontrollable swerving

Bottom Line:
riding my 2002 jamis eclipse monday and all the sudden, SNAP! sounded like a gun went off. i swerve to the right uncontrollably followed by swerves to the left, right etc. somehow managed to stay upright but ended up going into the grass off the trail and dumped my ride going about 8 mph. had this happened when the bolt broke when i was going 21 mph and i wouldn't be writing this today. i was very lucky. hall bike in cedar rapids, ia was absolutely no help. i will never shop there again. and i find it unbelieveable how they treated me. they totally are trying to sweep this problem under the rug.

Favorite Ride:   hot and humid

Purchased At:   hall bike

Bike Setup:   jamis eclipse, full ultegra, ksyrium wheels, 3t prima bar and stem, ouzo pro fork.

Submitted by Acenturian a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2004

Strengths:    Looks, weight

Weaknesses:    2 bolt design

Bottom Line:
Pretty light stem. Very cool blue color (never seen another in blue) It works, I have not had any problems with it. The overall look is very cool, wish it was a four bolt design.

Favorite Ride:   My home town

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by munga22 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2004

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    Poor build quality. Threads stripped (apparently I'm not the only one who has had this problem)

Bottom Line:
Had this stem put on my new bike a month ago. I have travelled with my bike a couple times since so I've taken off and put back on the face plate several times (I take the bars off when the bike goes on a plane). Returned last night from a trip and was reassembling the bike. Put the faceplate on, was BEGINNING to tighten (was not applying a lot of force) and the threads stripped from one of the holes. Incredibly aggravating. Very poor construction from such a big name in cycling.

Favorite Ride:   Anything in the sun with no traffic

Submitted by llbr22 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2003

Strengths:    Light

Weaknesses:    Scary! I've emailed the comany, and so far they have responed, but as soon as I emailed them the desciption of the problem... silence...

Bottom Line:
Beware! Like one review pointed out, the stem bolts that hold the handlebar clamp can break. Same thing happened to me! I haven't made any adjustments to this stem in months!

Favorite Ride:   Hautacam