Home | Reviews | Stems | FSA

• For 31.8mm handlebars
  • For 1-1/8" steerer tube

Submitted by Vitix2 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff, affordable, relatively light.

Weaknesses:    None...unless you want high price panache from your stem.

Bottom Line:
I just ordered my third FSA stem and figured that my like of the product warrants a positive review. Like another reviewer indicated, I never notice it...which is a good thing.

I've got Deda Newtons mounted on two bikes that I built a few years ago, and two FSA 150's mounted on two other bikes. Bottom line, I paid a mint for the two Newtons and the FSAs are quite reasonable (search ebay and you can find them for under $35.00) Yet, there is no noticeable difference. On paper the Newton is about 20 or so grams lighter...no big deal, there are appx. 464 grams in a pound. Some might say the Newton looks better and has more panache. I won't bother arguing that, but really - who cares.

If I had known how good the FSA 150 is, I never would have wasted my money on the overpriced Newtons.

And another thing. I actually prefer the steel bolts on the FSAs over the titanium bolts on the Newton. I simply don't want to have to worry about stripping the titanium hardware. I've never done it, but I hate having to concern myself with babying my equipment. I'll deal with the very small weight increase of steel bolts over titanium bolts so I don't have to approach tightening a stem like surgery.

Favorite Ride:   I like em' all

Purchased At:   Cambria Bike

Similar Products Used:   Gazillions

Bike Setup:   FSA 150 Stem mounted to Deda Newton O/S bars and a Ridley Excalibur w/ Campy Chorus and Proton wheels.

Submitted by Luis17 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2009

Strengths:    stiff, light and price

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
the stem came with the bike I suppose now that I have had more time on the bike I can understand more what people mean by stiffness and compliant. The fact of the matter is whether Im climbing hills or on the flats I cant notice the os150 which is a good thing... ie its stiff. A great performer for the price point its marketed at

Bike Setup:   argon 18 gallium, dura-ace wheels and groupo, .....