Profile Design H2O Stems Stems

4.17/5 (6 Reviews)

Ovalized, cold forged 6061 T6 construction provides enhanced rigidity. Two 7 mm bolts clamp front plate giving quick access to bars. Extra-long quil allows greater height adjustment. Quil or threadless. In Black or Silver. 166 grams (Threadless); 271 grams (Quil).

Submitted by mcwest79 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2003

Strengths:    Looks good, good price, seems like a solid stem. (can't comment on flexibility since most of my flex is in the bars)

Weaknesses:    Should have maybe bought a sorter stem ....... uh, clashes with styling of an older bike? :-)

Bottom Line:
I bought this stem to go with my new Stoker bar because I wanted a two-bolt stem in case I ever want to set up a set of drop bars for track or long-distance use, as well as wanting something longer and taller than my stock stem. Turns out my old stem wouldn't fit the new bar anyway. www.ultimateridingsports.com had the best price I could find, so I bought it.

Purchased At:   ultimateridingsports

Similar Products Used:   stock alloy road stem

Bike Setup:   Shwinn World, Sora crank/der., barend friction shifters (indexing ones not available for 6-speed rear), Kenda "Knobby" cyclocross tires for winter riding and Planet Bike fenders for wet weather

Submitted by The_Tennesseean a Recreational Rider from Kingsport, TN

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2002

Strengths:    Does the job and keeps my bars tight.

Bottom Line:
I have been using this stem on my touring rig and have no complaints. I don't race, but I do ride occasionally on very bad roads while touring. I have almost 3,000 miles on this stem.

Favorite Ride:   South Fork New River

Bike Setup:   Dean touring bike, Ultegra cranks and STI levers, XT cassette, ITM bar, Mavic T217 rims w/XT hubs, C

Submitted by paulddb a Recreational Rider from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2002

Strengths:    strong, not expensive

Weaknesses:    Not especially sleek looking.

Bottom Line:
I have an H2O quill on a Bianchi, and a threadless version on a Kestel with Chorus.
I'm not a leightweight, but there is no flex or slip - the H2) is made rather beefy.

Favorite Ride:   any road

Bike Setup:   Kestrel, Chorus.

Submitted by Eric Tirnauer a Road Racer from Denver, CO

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2001

Strengths:    cheap, light

Weaknesses:    too flexy. I think I could snap it pretty easily if I pushed it.

Bottom Line:
I have an H2O quill on my old road bike and the new frame I just got has the threadless version. I can't comment on the threadless, but the quill is WAY to flexy. I am a pretty strong rider and I get scared when I pull on the bar it flexes so much. I would not reccomend this stem because of this.

Favorite Ride:   any

Similar Products Used:   None

Submitted by TZL a Road Racer from Woodside, CA USA

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2001

Strengths:    Cheap, good looks, hasn't broken yet.

Weaknesses:    heavy, flexy

Bottom Line:
Bargain stem, but too flexy for my taste

Similar Products Used:   None