Campagnolo Daytona (AC-S) Bottom Brackets

• Available in Double or Triple Ring Crankset Compatible Model

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by JoeKlein a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2002

Strengths:    price

Weaknesses:    longevity, price/performance ratio

Bottom Line:
    We've had several of these come through our shop at various stages in their lives. The trend I've seen is that they develop excevssive play at a rather quick rate. This doesn't depend on rider type, riding style or weather conditions either. I've seen the same type of play develop in small riders, big riders, etc. I've had to start suggesting a Chorus BB for a double setup, and a Record BB on some triples (this will only work on frames with a small seat tube diameter because Campy uses an assymetric spindle)

Favorite Ride:   Mt Hamilton in San Jose, CA

Similar Products Used:   Chorus, Record

Submitted by weiwentg a Recreational Rider from Singapore

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2001

Strengths:    light, bearings are damn bloody smooth! uh ... I just said that, didn't I.

Weaknesses:    MIGHT be some QC issues ...

Bottom Line:
    eerily smooth!!! far far better than my old tiagara BB + cranks.
    BUT the first BB i got had severe play in it. Gearlink replaced it ... and the SECOND one ALSO had some play. :(
    Campy replaced that, and the third one, which is in my bike now, along with the Daytona cranks, is fine. despite the fact that the rest of the drivetrain is shimano, it's working perfectly.
    I got this on ebay, during an auction by gearlink, and got the cranks on sale from gearlink for $65.95. they were nice enough to combine shipping. had I had to pay full retail ... thus, i rated value at 4.
    overall rating is 5. the bearings are incredibly smooth!

Purchased At:   gearlink.com, thru e

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Tiagara. which I thought was OK, but now I realize that it was crap.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Allez '01, campy daytona cranks / BB, 105 rear derailleur, the rest of the drivetrain