Campagnolo Veloce (AC-S) Bottom Brackets

3.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Campagnolo Veloce Bottom Brackets Weight: 299 g BBThreadType: English, Italian Spindle InterfaceType: SquareTaper ISO

Submitted by José Pesos

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2013

Strengths:    works with campy record pista
price
bearing protection shell

Weaknesses:    Weight

Bottom Line:
With the track Campy record crankset, I had to instal this one on my Track bike instead the record BB. The record is 111mm and when I installed the crank, it touch my frame very badly, so I needed some 115mm and it works with the Veloce. For sure I'm very disapointed to install this one when I have the record in my pocket, But my bike is still lighter than with my previous crank and BB set (wich come with the bike and was very sh*%$y). So its not so bad after all.. Now I'm waiting for the summer to use it, can't wait !!!

Submitted by JFern a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2010

Strengths:    Bearings, bearings, bearings.

Weaknesses:    Heavy. Needs a special tool. Cannot adjust/tighten the drive-side cup without removing the crankarm.

Bottom Line:
A half-right bottom bracket. The bearings are amazingly smooth, and resistance is microscopic after the seals break in. But the thing is pig-heavy and requires a one-off goofy tool for install and adjustment.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano junk
Edco

Bike Setup:   Performance XRL frame with mix-n-match Campagnolo and Mavic bits

Submitted by indricothere a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2005

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    Heafty. 300 grams. Not very durable. Mine had horrible ticking issues. The tool for removal/installation was awkward and difficult to use. The Chorus/ Record style is much easier to use.

Bottom Line:
I thought I could save a little money so I decided to purchase this BB. for 20 dollars. I was initally disappointed with the heafty weight. Mine weighed in at 301 grams. I have had a continious ticking problem, with an occasional creak. These were solved by installing a new FSA Ultimax.

Purchased At:   Excel

Similar Products Used:   DuraAce, Ultegra BB. each I had no problems with.

Submitted by seckardt a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2005

Strengths:    Dependable/durable
Low-cost
Campy name

Weaknesses:    Heavy!!

Bottom Line:
I installed this BB for the original build-up for this road bike. Installation was pretty easy. Removal was no problem either. Yes, it's heavy but what do you expect for a sub-$20 bottom bracket? Bearings are still smooth and there is no excess wear anyplace on the BB, that I can see.
Some reviewers of this BB (in the Veloce GROUP review) complained about the cups cold-welding to the BB shell. Let's use some common sense guys. If you grease the threads prior to installation, this will not happen. I have installed/removed many BB's over time in both road & MTB's and NEVER experienced this problem.
Overall, a good value for the money if you are building up your first road bike or looking for a durable BB for a foul-weather beater.

Favorite Ride:   Any place with hills

Purchased At:   On Line

Similar Products Used:   Shimano LX/XT (MTB's), Race Face Taperlock, Race Face ISIS, Sakae 3-pc BB

Bike Setup:   Leader 715R Frame (Al)
Leader LD-1801 Carbon fork
Campy Veloce group
FSA Carbon crank & ISIS BB (new for '05)
Campy Proton Wheels
Ritchey WCS bar, stem, post, pedals
Vittoria Tires
Selle Italia seat

Submitted by king4wd a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2004

Strengths:    Smooth bearings.
Quiet.

Weaknesses:    Heavy (290grams)

Bottom Line:
Got this BB with the rest of the Veloce group. I was initialy disappointed with the weight, until I handled it and realized how buttery smooth it was. When I had it installed, the mechanic couldn't believe how smooth it was. Now after riding it for a few months, I love it! No sqeaks, rattles or clicks, just solid,steady and smooth.

Favorite Ride:   Looping around MoVal or riding out to Lucerne and back