FSA Platinum Pro Ti Bottom Brackets

CNC machined hollow 6/4 titanium spindle for ISIS Drive. 185 grams. Triple industrial cartridge sealed bearings Cold forged aluminum cups Composite anti-creak sleeve New improved external water seals 7075 alloy crank bolts (M-14)

Submitted by exracer a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2008

Strengths:    Looks good
Not the lightest but not bad either
Good poduct for the money

Weaknesses:    It finally died after 2 1/2 years and 12,000+ miles, otherwise none

Bottom Line:
It has been a good product. It's lasted 12,000+ miles without giving me problem of any kind. Looks good, relativly light. I'd say that I got my money out of it.

Favorite Ride:   Any

Similar Products Used:   Campy
Shimano
Mavic

Bike Setup:   Abici Vader w/FSA, Dura-Ace, hand-built wheels w/White Ind. hubs

Submitted by peidavey a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2007

Strengths:    light and smooth

Weaknesses:    uncurable creak.

Bottom Line:
Still works great but after 5,000 miles it creaks. No amount of teflon tape seems to help.

Favorite Ride:   Boston-Montreal-Boston

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Phil Wood

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Siena w/ fsa cranks - campy

Submitted by vio765 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2006

Strengths:    light, Ti

Weaknesses:    unknown

Bottom Line:
very very light. hard to write a review about something that isnt seen. it works and its light. bit expensive, but, it is 6/4 Ti

Favorite Ride:   cruising the ohio hills

Purchased At:   gottaridebikes.com

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR, Zipp 404s, FSA carbon cockpit, Ultegra derailleurs, DA shifters, speedplay pedals.

Submitted by cz85b a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Strengths:    Still spins like butter after 25,000 of brutality... (I rode 12 double centuries last year, and used this one on at least half of them...)

Weaknesses:    Price, but it is MORE THAN WORTH THE MONEY!

Bottom Line:
This is now on my TT bike, because I got a crappy SLK mega Exo for my main racing bike.. (I did not intend the new one to suck, it just does!) Anyway, I am going to buy a new one, and buy a set of Strong Lights to go with it because the BB ROCKS!

Favorite Ride:   Furnace Creek 508

Purchased At:   Greenfish Sports

Similar Products Used:   Ultegra, Dura Ace, Campy Record

Bike Setup:   Top of the line Shimano with carbon cranks, several wheels, but the ones I abuse the most are the Ksyrium SL's

Submitted by foxjb a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2005

Strengths:    everything machined is immaculate. I have seen or felt no stiffness or seen leaking at the seals. I am impressed

Weaknesses:    I would have liked the directions to more clearly explained shifting for chainline and derailleur drop-spacing.

Bottom Line:
I bought and installed this bb on my wife's Litespeed. It is beautifully machined with everything thought out nicely. It came with both the steel (mounting) and alloy (usually on) bolts. I installed and then shifted to the drive side 1/4 inch to accomodate the front derailleur's inward movement. It works absolutely beautifully, very easy to mount. Mine is ISIS.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere with my wife

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Campy and ShimaNO.

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Classic - Mostly Campy Record Carbon but FSA triple cramks. Syntace aero bars. New decals (it is a 1996). Reasonably trick wheels. Carbon bits everywhere.

FSA Platinum Pro Ti BB v. ?????

Howdy folks - I just ordered an FSA carbon crank (ISIS) and an FSA Platinum Pro Ti bb. The bb is out of stock with my local LBS's distributor. I get a "cost plus a little" kind of deal so I don't want to buy one elsewhere. I've heard great things about the crank, less about the bb. Is the FSA ... Read More »