Praxis Works BB30 Conversion BB Bottom Brackets

Available for 68mm or 73mm Shell

Have a Shimano Crank and trying to mount it in a BB30 Frame? No worries. Praxis Works Conversion Kit is just what you're looking for. Designed to fit in a BB30 frame, the conversion kit BB can be installed to allow for a Shimano* Hollowtech crank to be used on your frame. The bearings are high quality bearings and seals are shield type and quad-ring. This aluminum cartridge design keeps the bearings outboard of the frame for greater rigidity and free of frame/cir-clip tolerance issues that other systems deal with. The shell simply mounts inside a BB30 frame and keeps the bearings in perfectly concentric at all times. Since it's a cartridge style, the BB can't wiggle out, fall out, or come out of alignment like other current adaptors in the market.

*Compatible with Shimano™Hollotech II cranks.

Submitted by Chad Henderson

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2013

Strengths:    Very easy to install. Smooth ride.

Weaknesses:    No weaknesses to speak of.

Bottom Line:
After just a few months on my Cannondale, I got the notorious clicking and creaking associated with BB30. Rather than go through frequent greasing or replacing of bearings to remedy the problem, which often seems short term, I decided to give the Praxis Works BB30 Conversion BB a shot.

Though new to installing components on newer bikes, installation was easy; just followed the instructions to the letter, and everything was done in no time. In addition to getting rid of the BB30 clicking, I also replaced my compact cranks with a preferred Shimano 53/39 combo. Now, the bike rides as smoothly and quietly as ever. Praxis Works got this one right!

Submitted by John

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2013

Strengths:    Simple and easy to install

Weaknesses:    none, it just works as it should

Bottom Line:
Just took just a few minutes to throw in my Specialized Camber/ Stumpy and Enduro and now I can run my XTR cranks with no troubles or alignment issues. Thankful Praxis doing it right!

Submitted by ben

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2013

Strengths:    bearing quality and longevity, added stiffness

Weaknesses:    you'll need 2 BB tools to install.

Bottom Line:
I got this BB to replace the strange spacers that came with my bike, i had already gone through 2 sets of BB bearings and wanted something that would last. install was easy, i just had to borrow my brother's BB tool to go with my own as the two sides lock against each other and you'll need 2 tools to install. once in the bike i have not had another thought about my BB, which is as it should be. bearing life is great, it's silent with no creaking, and there's the added benefit of some increased stiffness in the BB area. i would highly recommend this BB!

Submitted by Stacey Sell a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2013

Strengths:    High quality. Easy install. Worry free performance

Bottom Line:
When I knew I was getting the D-Vore and found out it had PF30 I contacted Praxis about their adaptor. It wasn't in stock at the time but it came in just when the frame did. SCORE! Install was SUPER easy.
Once in hand, one thing was apparent to me, the quality and thought that went into the design and manufacturing of this adaptor. Something as simple as the a o-ring on the non-drive side that's used for frame tolerance just makes sense. The ability to still run Shimino cranks with its stiffer outboard bearings on a PF30 gives you added advantages over standard PF30 set ups.
After a couple months and a few hundred miles of dirty dusty training and racing, this BB is still super smooth and creak free as the day it went on.
If you have any bike with PF30 and want to use a Shimano (or other 24mm spindle) crank this is THE adaptor to use. You can finally have piece of mind knowing that those annoying noises coming from your bike are FINALLY not from your BB. Mileage junkies rejoice and keep hammering out the worry free miles.

Purchased At:   Praxis

Bike Setup:   Swift Carbon D-Vore: XTR/XT, Magura MT8 brakes, Spinergy wheels

Submitted by steve marshall a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2012

Strengths:    perfect fit, easy install, great instruction videos.

Weaknesses:    Wish it was around a year ago :-)

Bottom Line:
I was lucky enough to receive a preproduction BB from Praxis works, I struggled to find a BB for my PF30 S-works Stumpjumper and run my XTR crankset. After 2 DNFS and 2 broken sets of Specialized adapters I installed the Praxis works BB and have not looked back. Very easy to install, converted my PF30 to work with my shimano cranks perfectly.
After 6 months of winter riding (snow, mud rain, etc) the BB is still running flawlessly.

Purchased At:   Praxis works