Gore Bike Wear Ride-On Cables Cables

Gore Ride-On Low Friction Road Brake Cable Set: For use only on road bikes, this high performance cable system replaces galvanized, stainless steel, and other coated cables. Patented cable coating technology designed for low friction and durability...

Submitted by mikefly01 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2010

Strengths:    Well made product. Easy to care for.

Clear installation guide.

Stellar customer service.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Gore Ride-On Cables -- Customer Support

I am not writing a review of the product itself although I am very pleased with the performance of my cables. I am writing to describe the first rate customer service I recently received.

I noticed my front derailleur cable fraying, as a result of my less than perfect installation about six months ago. When I contacted rideon@wlgore.com to order a replacement, I received an almost immediate response from Christa. I was told that Gore is working with its dealers to carry replacement cables, in addition to its complete cable systems. In the meantime, she sent me a cable directly. I only wish that all component manufacturers provided this level of service.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Ultegra cable set.

Bike Setup:   LeMond Zurich with Shimano Ultegra components.

Submitted by Matthew McGill a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2009

Strengths:    Low effort shifting, immediate, major difference noted. Good instructions with video available on line. Sealed unit should keep crud out from other reviews I have read.

Weaknesses:    A little pricey.

Bottom Line:
Super trick sealed cable setup with full liner. I went this route after my stock Deore XT shifting setup became very difficult to shift (rear)

Favorite Ride:   Monkey Trails Shreveport