Campagnolo Super Record 11sp Cassettes

Campagnolo Super Record 11speed Cassette: An absolute legend, the groupset of champions. First introduced in 1973, reintroduced to raise the level, 11 speed. Optimized 11 speed tooth design for speed and shifting fluidity.

Submitted by kbfore a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2009

Strengths:    The rear derailleur is so much more smooth and allows for more of a clean spin. The shifters have a different grip that is so much more comfortable. Four year warranty on all 11 speed components. My cassette even said it. Could this be true? Other sets of shifters have to be rebuilt (springs replaced) every 5000-8000 miles. Campy says these will not!!!

Weaknesses:    The Super Record and Record crank is hollow which being a 195 lb rider I do not trust that. Some of the Chorus components are lighter than the Super Record. Why is this? There is very little difference in weight when comparing 2009 record and super record. I just got a good deal or I would have gone record.

Bottom Line:
I must start this review out by saying WOW!! My 10 speed set was the original 10 speed set that Campy first came out with years ago, (was it 2001?). I bought the set I use now somewhat separate. I got a deal on record brakes, chorus crank, record chain and cassette at a different place. I got the 11 speed shifters and derailleurs from Performance Bike during a 20% off sale. The smoothness of the shifting and the rear derailleurs is a different world compared to the old 10 speed. There is so much more carbon on it I could tell a weight difference right away. With the price I got on the sale I paid the same as other dealers charge for 2009 record.

Favorite Ride:   Gaps in North Georgia

Purchased At:   Performance bike

Similar Products Used:   I have ridden Campy for 15 years and nothing compares.

Bike Setup:   2008 Guerciotti Ares. 2008 Chorus Crank and record brakes, 2009 record cassette, chain, 2009 Super Record 11 speed shifters and derailleurs, 2009 Kysruim Elite wheels.

Submitted by bryan a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2009

Strengths:    SUPERB

Weaknesses:    MY MASTERCARD

Bottom Line:
one word needed. SUPERB. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Favorite Ride:   Campy