Interloc 10-Speed Elite Cassettes

Interloc Elite Road 10sp Cassette (Campagnolo): Nickel-chrome plated steel cogs, alloy and resin spacers. Alloy spider holds the 4 largest cogs. 10sp Campagnolo compatible....

Submitted by olddog a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2008

Strengths:    Great range

Weaknesses:    shifting perhaps not as crisp as a Campy

Bottom Line:
I purchased 2 IRD 11-28 Campy cassettes, one for me, on for my partner, and both have worked fine. The shift is perhaps a tad slower than my Centaur cassette, but it's so minor that I can't even be sure it's real and not a product of my imagination. This is a great complement for a compact crank and have also installed them on customers bikes with no problems.

Favorite Ride:   Beartooth Pass

Purchased At:   QBP

Similar Products Used:   Campy Centaur and Record

Bike Setup:   too many to list

Submitted by Addicted a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2007

Strengths:    An 11 along with a 28 on the same cassette

Weaknesses:    For the price, I would expect a lighter weight unit.

Bottom Line:
IRD has come up with a "niche" product that I feel would serve many recreational cyclists well. I put a compact crank on my bike as I mostly ride mountainous terrain. The 12-27 cassette was OK for the uphills but I would spin out the 50x12 top gear relatively quickly. The 11 is a noticeable difference and combined with the 50, is a larger gear than a 53x12 (122.7 vs 119.3 gear inches). With 10 gears on it, the gaps are minimal although if I rode flatter terrain I would switch to an 11-23. This cassette shifts great with the Shimano setup and works well with the short cage derailleur. It is heavier than the Dura Ace 12-27, but is worth it for me for the expanded range.

Favorite Ride:   Ridgecrest Road

Purchased At:   IRD Website

Similar Products Used:   Dura Ace

Bike Setup:   Scott Addict w/Dura Ace

Submitted by mikael17128 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2005

Strengths:    Non-standard gearing 28/25/23/21/19/17/15/14/13/12

Weaknesses:    See review

Bottom Line:
Absolutely WORTHLESS! Less than worthless as they require extra duty while riding. It hasn’t shifted right from THE DAY I MOUNTED IT! It either double shifts or nothing at all, requiring 2 clicks to shift one gear. Racing with this thing would be laughable. In fact, the whole IRD “Elite” cassette would be laughable except for the $110 price tag.

Save your money and hypertension drugs, STAY AWAY FROM THIS CASSETTE!!!

Favorite Ride:   BMC SLT01

Purchased At:   Various

Similar Products Used:   None, thank goodness.

Bike Setup:   SLT01 w/ Dura Ace