Shimano Dura-Ace CS-7700 Cassettes

• Titanium, Chrome-Moly Sprockets

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by jester50 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2008

Strengths:    Smooth, light, dura-ace!

Weaknesses:    Its expensive and hard to find in 9spd.

Bottom Line:
    I got really lucky to find this cheap on eBay. I got the 11-23 setup. It was slightly used, but excellent condition. I bought it when I changed my crank to compact. It seemed quite a bit lighter than the 12-25 ultegra cassette I used before. So far shifting is flawless and I do not have the skipping issues some reviewers speak of. Maybe in time as the cogs wear? But than that happens with all worn cassettes.

I am very happy with this cassette. Its smooth and shifts flawlessly for me and its light. Only downside is the 9spd is getting harder to find and the price is $120+ for the dura ace. I may go back to ultegra when this cassette wears down....just to save a buck.

Favorite Ride:   Lake Mary, AZ

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   12-25 Ultegra 6500 9spd

Bike Setup:   2005 specialized allez, ultegra/dura-ace/FSA train.

Submitted by Rod a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2007

Strengths:    It works as it should, everytime.

Bottom Line:
    Great cassette!!! I have never had any kind of problem with it, not when I was riding every day, and not after letting it sit for 5+ years. I have never had the chain skip- if the chain skips on you, it is not because of this cassette. Pro's use this for a reason.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere

Purchased At:   Came with bike

Similar Products Used:   105, long ago

Bike Setup:   Curtlo, full DA

Submitted by jrbutcher a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2005

Strengths:    Weight & good shifting performance

Weaknesses:    None that come to mind. It's a good product

Bottom Line:
    My current primary ride is set up with DA 10, however, I have had much more experience with the 7700 (DA 9) group. To be honest, skipping has never been an issue on any of my bikes. That is with a sample of (5) 7700 cassettes and (2) Ultegra 9 cassettes of various sizes. I generally use Sram 89R chains with my 9 speed groups, keep them clean & well lubed. I'm sure it could happen, but I've never experienced a new cassette being the cause of a skipping problem. More typically, skipping happens when an elongated chain (worn) is mated with a new or unworn cassette. Get a chain ruler and replace your chain before it damages your cassette or run them both into the ground and change them (and your small chainring) at the same time to avoid skipping.

Favorite Ride:   Mt.Evans

Purchased At:   LBS & various

Similar Products Used:   Ultegra 9, DA 10

Bike Setup:   1)All DA 9 drivetrain, 2)DA9 -w- FSA Crank, 3)CX mix of DA9 & Ultegra 9.

Submitted by skyline377 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2005

Strengths:    lighter than ultegra.

Weaknesses:    It skips and jumps when you try to go for a climb

Bottom Line:
    Got this on ebay thinking I could save a few grams on the bike, on the second ride it skips when I'm going up a climb. At first I thought the RD needs adjusting but it's the cassette, Will buy ultegra nextr time and save me some money instead of a few grams

Purchased At:   ebay