Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 Cassettes

Shimano decided to re-design their Ultegra groupset to the new 6700 level with trickle-down technology from the new Dura-Ace 7900 group. The CS-6700 cassette has thus also added some features over the previous 6600 cassette. Most striking is the addition

Submitted by Typetwelve

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    Well made, relatively light, way cheaper than Dura Ace

Weaknesses:    None that I can think of...

Bottom Line:
I actually have two of these, a 11-28 and an oddball 12-30, I love them both. With the 10spd clearing out, these cassettes can be had for super cheap, often under $50. Coupled to an Ultegra chain and 105 read derailleur, this cassette shifts flawlessly and super smooth.

Submitted by Ken Kimble a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2012

Strengths:    Great selection of gearing matched up with a compact 50/34 crank. Smooooth shifting!!

Weaknesses:    None that I've experienced.

Bottom Line:
Switched over from the Shimano 105 group to the Ultegra 6700 piece by piece. Just installed the CS-6700 12-23 cassette on my Trel 2.1 and what a difference. The Trek came stock with a compact 50/34 and 11-28 cassette. As I live in South Carolina's Lowcountry, I practically had no use for the 28, 24, and 11 rings. The 12-23 matched up with other Ultegra components (Dura Ace 7900 chain) provides a very smooth, quiet ride and still provides a great amount of training possibilities, even on flat ground. Shifting up and down throughout all of the rings is quite smooth and effortless. I still have the 11-28 that I can interchange should I ride in more hilly terrain, but for now, I'm quite happy with the selection the 12-23 provides.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Ultegra 6700-G crank, brakes, FD, and RD.

Bike Setup:   Trek 2.1 Velocity A23 wheel set with sapim C-Xray spokes. Michelin Krylion 700X 23 tires. Zipp Service Course SL short reach bar. Koobie Century PRS saddle.