Praxis Works Classic Standard Road Chainrings

• 7075 T6 AL
  • 130 BCD
  • 9/10/11sp
  • Compatible with Campy 11spd for use on NON-Campy Crank

So you brought your Big Boy legs did you?

Well these standard road ring sets are engineered for the highest performance shifts in all conditions and under any load. LevaTime® performance and our proprietary forging process give the fastest shifts and longest lifetime of any ring on the planet. These rings are one of the best upgrades for your bicycle.
  • Praxis Works Chain Rings Pro Review

Only Shimano and Praxis offer forged rings. The Forging process not only strengthens the metal, but because it’s a quick-shot process, if allows Praxis to offer a ring with more details and features not commonly found on simply CNC’d rings. The process also keeps the cost of the rings low; allowing Praxis to offer their rings in matching pairs for roughly half the cost of one Shimano outer ring. Continue reading →

Submitted by Mike Erbe a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2012

Strengths:    Terrific performance and they also look sharp on my carbon bike. The package that the Praxis rings came in also states that derailleur trimming may be required after installation. This was really great, I thought, because it shows that the people designing the Praxis rings are paying attention to the details! The price point is wonderful, too, and I saved some serious dollars relative to the new DA rings.

Bottom Line:
    The shifting on the Scott CR1 was getting tired so new drivetrain components were in order. Just before the holidays, I replaced the stock Dura Ace 7800 chain rings with the slick looking Praxis rings (53 x 39). The chain and cogset (12 X 25) were in decent condition so they stayed on the bike. WOW! The shifting is now buttery smooth and fast...equal in every respect to that of new DA rings... at half the cost! We do quite a bit of climbing on our local group rides and the Praxis rings have performed flawlessly in all conditions and situations...especially while shifting under load.

Favorite Ride:   Up Any Steep and Long Hill

Similar Products Used:   Dura Ace cranksets and chainrings...for years.

Bike Setup:   Scott CR1 with Dura Ace 7800 drive train and Easton EA90 SLX wheels

Submitted by Sean Coffey a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2012

Strengths:    Quality construction and excellent shift timing.

Weaknesses:    130BCD cyclocross rings aren't available yet! But I hear they will be soon.

Bottom Line:
    These rings solve problems. Chainsuck, dropped chains, sluggish shifting, premature wear, all gone. Especially if you're on the drivetrain from the well-known manufacturer whose name rhymes with 'clam'.

I also had Praxxis rings for my ride of the Paris Roubaix course last year. Five+ hours in the saddle and an unholy number of cobbles that were simply beyond my worst expectations, and not one missed shift or dropped chain. There were quite a few riders who weren't so lucky.

Looking forward to CX rings in 130BCD!

Favorite Ride:   Ukon to Smith Grade

Purchased At:   NA

Similar Products Used:   Campy, Dura Ace, SRAM, Rotor.

Submitted by katrint a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2012

Strengths:    Smooth, responsive, quiet, gorgeous and much less $$ than Shimano's.

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any yet.

Bottom Line:
    After several seasons my stock Dura Ace rings (53 X 39) wore out. I couldn't believe how much a new set of those would have cost me!... So I put "new chain rings" on my Christmas list : ) I had seen Praxis' beautiful after-market rings and been intrigued by their engineering and cold-forged manufacturing process so I dropped repeated hints. I suspect that the fact Praxi's rings cost WAY less than Shimano's also ultimately helped seal the Praxis deal.

So I've been riding my new rings since Christmas Day and love them. Since I'm nursing a lame hamstring, I find I'm relying more on finesse & technique (vs fitness & power) on our hilly, windy and competitive group rides these days. I'm always looking to improve the timing of my shifting and avoid those mechanical glitches that cost inches/energy. The Praxis chain rings have worked flawlessly. They are smooth, responsive, quiet and gorgeous : )

Similar Products Used:   Dura Ace rings (53 X 39)

Bike Setup:   Scott CR1 with a 7800 series Dura Ace crankset

Submitted by Steve a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2012

Strengths:    Ease of installation, ring stiffness, shifting is crisp and responsive both up and down. Been riding these for 9 months 4-5 days a week and shifting feels like the day I put them on. I lube my chain with rock & roll every 3rd ride and never clean or wipe anything of the rings. I haven’t seen any excessive wear either. They look good!

Weaknesses:    Huh – have to think about that? I haven't found any weaknesses with my mtn or road rings. You will have to get a set and decide for yourself.

Bottom Line:
    I had been having major chain suck and poor shifting on my 29r Mtn bike from the time I got it and went in search of a new set-up. First I tried a couple different chains but it didn’t help. I found Praxis rings and thought I would start by replacing the rings before getting a new crankset. My chain suck & poor shifting problems went away. I ended up installing a set of rings on my road bike as well.
    I went from frustration and major mechanicals in races to winning 9 races last season with Praxis rings. I’m no hot shot on the bike just a 45yr old Master Cat 2 Rd & Cat 1 Mtn looking for equipment I can count on. I’m willing to bet if your rings are in need of replacing that Praxis rings will meet your needs.

Similar Products Used:   Was using FSA rings on this set-up. Previously used Dura/Ace rings and replaced with FSA and now Praxis. It's back to the feel of Dura/Ace with the Praxis set-up.

Bike Setup:   Basically everything Dura/Ace accept crank and rings.
    Dura/Ace chain, cassette, FSA K-force light crank (BB30 ceramic bearing), Dura/Ace Front Der