Home | Reviews | Chains | KMC

KMC X10SL Super Lite Chains

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

• Store Price

KMC X10L-Ti chain is compatible with 10 speed Drivetrains. Titanium Nitride Coated 112 links length. Double X Durability provides enhanced performance, weight and chain suck reduction.

Submitted by GordTex a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2014

Strengths:    Price. Strength. Quiet/smooth operation. Reusable "Missing Link."

Weaknesses:    None to date.

Bottom Line:
I've used SRAM chains exclusively for the past five or so years. Never had a complaint with them, except for the time the LBS tech mounted the Quick Link backwards. (It does make a difference.) I had read some good stuff about the KMC and, since it was a bit cheaper, decided to live on the wild side and purchase one thru Amazon.com. After several hundred miles, this chain has performed as well or better than the gushing reviews I'd used to make my decision. It was quiet and very smooth right out of the package. Haven't missed a shift or even really heard it since mounting. The lubricant that comes on the chain is pretty gunky when you first unpack it, so beware. The reusable link is a major plus if you have to remove and re-install the chain. Also, it doesn't care which way it's mounted.

Favorite Ride:   White Rock Lake, Dallas Texas

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Similar Products Used:   SRAM 1090R, SRAM 1091R, SRAM 1090.

Bike Setup:   MASI 3VC. SRAM Force Grouppo. Mavic Kysrium ES wheelset. Selle SMP Drakon saddle.

Submitted by Sean M. White

Date Reviewed: November 5, 2013

Strengths:    Lightweight, attractive

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I replaced the SRAM chain on my Kuota tri bike with this KMC about 200 miles ago. Instantly I noticed smoother shifting and quieter operation. Time will tell how it holds up, but so far so good.

Submitted by drewart

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2012

Strengths:    quiet and smooth when new

Weaknesses:    3 months, 1500miles at most, and needs replacing. $$$

Bottom Line:
disappointed in durability. got more miles out of lower end KMC that came with bike.

Submitted by Zack Xi a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2012

Strengths:    Absolutely pro level chain. Super smooth shift, very light and very quiet.

Weaknesses:    Bit expensive. Nearly 100 use for the x10sl DLC version.

Bottom Line:
Was using the X10 and found that a bit draggy with some issues on shifting.( I am using rotor rings and I know it has a slight shifting lag compare to round rings). Once I install the X10Sl Dlc ( this is the black or black and red chain with the diamond like coating. I think it is kmc top of the range chain just above the x10 sl) it's amazing in performance. Super quiet shifts. I think runs even smoother then my Ultegra 6700/Dura Ace chain and very fast in both up and down shift. My suggestion is if you choose kmc chains just go right ahead for their top of range stuff as it seems the lower end range are a bit weak in performance.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Ultegra chain, kmc x10, dura ace chain.

Bike Setup:   Wilier 2011 Gran Turismo/large, Ultegra 6700, Dura Ace 7850 50mm carbon clincher. Prologo Scratch Pro saddle. Rotor Rings 50/34 rings with FSA Slk carbon cranks. Time I clic racer pedals. Full FSA Slk components.

Submitted by MudPie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2012

Strengths:    Shifts very well.
Reusable master link.
Light (although I am no gram counter)
Available in gold, if you want bling (not for me).

Weaknesses:    It could be cheaper (I just paid $50 at Bike Island, shipping included).

Bottom Line:
I have over 2k miles on this chain and so far not one single problem. It shifts well, runs quiet and the reusable master link is a charm. At first I was skeptical regarding longevity because of the hollow plate and pins, but when measured over 12" after 2k miles, "stretch" is almost not detectable with my machinist rule. I do lube ~80-100 miles and soak the chain every 1k miles. Plays well with my Ultegra chainrings and SRAM PG1070 cassette.

Purchased At:   On-line @ Bike Islan

Similar Products Used:   SRAM PC 1090 (used this model for over 11k road miles), but hate the one-time use master link. Until now, I've used SRAM chains on my road and mountain rigs, but KMC is my new fav.

Bike Setup: