Campagnolo Veloce Cranksets

• Also Available in Triple Ring Crankset

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Paul W. a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Strengths:    Strong, Light, good-looking, Italian, Silver.

Weaknesses:    Graphics wear off

Bottom Line:
    I've had this crank on my bike since 2000, when I had it installed at the LBS. Sixteen years later, I've never had the b.b. serviced, but it spins just as nice as the day I got it (I don't ride in the rain if I can help it). My bike is a 1989, so this 53-39 crank looks just right. Comparing the weights with the newer stuff, there is no reason for me to ever upgrade. This year, I am running Stronglight 5053 rings on it. This crank is a champ.

Favorite Ride:   Ferris Wheel

Purchased At:   L.B.S.

Similar Products Used:   Araya (stock)

Bike Setup:   Raleigh Technium, Veloce B.B., Sachs PG chain, Speedplay Frog Ti's.

Submitted by nagatahawk a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2007

Strengths:    veloce Crankset. and shifting.

Weaknesses:    the logo is designed to peel off the Crankset. I prefer anodized logo.

Bottom Line:
    Chris at Summit, gave me a pro-rated trade in price on my 105 groupo.
    I got everything including wheelsets for 850 including labor.
    The new 2007 style Crankset rocks. It has a hollow bottom bracket that is part of the crankset, with enterlocking splines. This is the best part of the groupo. very stiff, and spins like perpetual motion. shifing is very short crisp. best ever. braking I upgraded to record.
    Khamsin Wheel sets

Favorite Ride:   any with no cars, and buses

Purchased At:   Summit Cycles, Westc

Similar Products Used:   105 groupo.

Bike Setup:   De barnardi Steel frame, Selle san marco seat, Khamsin gold wheel sets. I will replace the pedals next.

Submitted by Sean Chapman a Recreational Rider from Nottingham (UK)

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2001

Strengths:    Nice and stiff

Weaknesses:    The Campag logo wears off quickly

Bottom Line:
    These cranks make for a nice smooth ride. They feel stiff when standing to climb (I'm over 200 lbs and have felt some flex with other cranks). The 39-53 teeth provide a nice range of ratios.

I'm not sure what the price is like - they came with my bike.

After a few hundred miles the logo has started to wear off, but to be fair I had my MTB pedals and shoes on them for a while and it is possible that the bulky shoe might have rubbed against the crank and contributed to this somewhat....

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere 30-100 miles

Purchased At:   Olympic Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Various Shimano

Bike Setup:   Stelvio frame, Veloce group, Nucleon wheels

Submitted by Jesse Smith a Road Racer from Tucson

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2000

Strengths:    Price

Weaknesses:    Mine didn't hold up too well.

Bottom Line:
    My right crank bent after a year. I only weight 140 lbs. My Torelli has Italian threaded BB, which came loose a couple of times. I'm not sure if this could contribute to the crank bending. When I pedal hard in the big ring I could see it move a full 3/4 cm outward when I pushed down with the right foot. I changed to an Ultegra crank and now I can't see any side-to-side movement.

Favorite Ride:   Mt. Lemmon

Purchased At:   Full Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Ultegra

Bike Setup:   Veloce hubs, derailleurs, brakes, Record shifters, King headset, Icon stem, TTT bar, Easton post, Flite saddle, Speeddream wheels.

Submitted by John O'Neill from Allentown, PA 18104

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2000

Strengths:    Weight, quality and Price

Weaknesses:    the 2000 Veloce crank set (including rings) are not as nice looking at my 1997 Veloce crank set. There is less shine and the new veloce ring just have a cheap Shimano RSX look to them.

Bottom Line:
    Still one of the best buys in cycling. The older Veloce just had a classier look than the newer version. The chain rings look much cheaper than previous years.

Favorite Ride:   Hillier Than Thou