FSA SL-K Light BB-30 Cranksets

3.22/5 (9 Reviews)

FSA SLK Light BB30 Road Crankset: Features all the advantages of the BB30 system: lighter, stiffer and more durable. Requires a BB30 specific bottom bracket shell/frame...

Submitted by Dan Roman

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2016

Strengths:    very light

Weaknesses:    The left side carbon crank fiber pedal socket failed and left me stranded. The pedal socket and carbon fiber crank socket some how split. I have never had this issue in over decades of cycling.

Bottom Line:
weak carbon crank pedal socket, failed after two seasons of cycling. I don't think the crank had more then 1,500 miles.
09/112/16

Submitted by Matt Ellenwood a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2015

Strengths:    Light and responsive.

Weaknesses:    Carbon fiber failure around pedal socket.

Bottom Line:
Pedal socket came loose and the carbon fiber is splintering around it. Forced to replace entire crank.

Similar Products Used:   FSA Gossamer aluminum crankset

Submitted by pbr rider a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2010

Strengths:    absolutly none

Weaknesses:    the crank arms fall off if your a strong pedaler, of which I don't consider myself one

Bottom Line:
these cranksets are weak and should be avioded. 2 times now my left crank arm has come off mid ride and left me high and dry. Maybe the 1st time, the bolt was to tight (bought from bikes direct) and it brook as I was climbing, so be it, but the 2nd time, I have to write this review to warn anyone who's doing their homework. The 2nd time it broke had nothing todo w/ torque on tightening, but it just came loose and fell off causing a false step and almost falling. I do not trust the product anymore and feel I should not have to check it before each time I decide to ride. It was no more that 300 to 400 miles b/w the first failure and 2nd. I'm swithing to Shimano, and will know i have a quality product.

Favorite Ride:   marin

Purchased At:   bikes direct

Similar Products Used:   switching to shimano

Submitted by MMile1 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2010

Strengths:    Strong, nice looking.

Bottom Line:
Great product. Very stiff and light, and BB30 is much better than the old standard. I am a large rider, 6 foot 4 and about 195lbs. They are very responsive to my sprints.

Favorite Ride:   Cannondale CAAD 10

Similar Products Used:   FSA Vero, Shimano 105.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale CAAD 10- FSA SLK light 53/39 crankset, full ultegra drivetrain, FSA SLK stem, FSA SLK carbon seat post, Mavic Aksium race wheelset, LOOK KEO 2 Max Carbon pedals.

Submitted by ColoColo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff, light.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
So far, very impressed. I have to say that you can feel the weight changes from the Gossamer my Felt had when I bought it. Very stiff. I do sprint intervals and I have not seeing the problems other reviewers pointed out. I bought the 175 over the Gossamer's 172.5". Of course, compact cranks.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere in Puerto Rico with my friends...

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Ultegra, Gossamer.

Bike Setup:   Felt F-5 2011 Deda stem, American Classics 420's. FSA SL-K BB30 crankset, Selle San Marco and stock Shimano 105.