FSA Team Issue MegaExo Cranksets

FSA's racy Team Issue Crankset utilizes carbon monocoque arms for world-class lightness and stiffness. You also get ramped and pinned aluminum...

Submitted by John a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2013

Strengths:    Looks good and easy to install.

Weaknesses:    Noticeable lack of stiffness compared to crank it replaced.

Bottom Line:
I had high hopes for this crank and was truly disappointed in it. The crankset was installed on a Motobecane Ti bike. It replaced a Dura Ace 7800 which will be used on a different bike. I've always ridden either Ultegra or Dura Ace cranksets and noticed very little difference in power transfer between the excellent Dura Ace and lower priced Ultegra. I thought the FSA "team issue" crankset would be comparable. No way. A sluggishness to the bike was immediately apparent. I'm glad I purchased it from Nashbar because it's going back. I ordered the Ultegra 6750 which I'm sure will be satisfying. The FSA is attractive and easy to install, but I'm looking for power transfer in a new crankset. It may be unfair to compare the $200 FSA to the very expensive Dura Ace, but I was shocked at the difference. I would recommend this crankset to people who want a sharp looking reasonably priced carbon crank that should be very durable.

Purchased At:   Nashbar