Shimano Ultegra 10-Speed FC-6603 Triple Cranksets

Shimano Ultegra 10-Speed Crankset designed as the Dura-Ace 10. Hollowtech design provides maximum rigidity and great weight savings.

Submitted by rer mar a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2008

Strengths:    light & durable.made of alloy,but tough.

Weaknesses:    wish it have,hahahahaha.

Bottom Line:
i use this for a year.a good quality crankset.smooth shifting like paddling in the wind.light but,durable.bottom line,it's worth what you pay for.

Favorite Ride:   road bicycle

Purchased At:   velocity bike shop

Similar Products Used:   dura ace 7800

Bike Setup:   TRIGON set-up,w/ ULTEGRA ice gray components'08 accept the crankset triple 6603,thomson elite stem & seatpost,zipp wheelset,continental tires

Submitted by tomphan38 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2008

Strengths:    Perfect Shifting.

Weaknesses:    End Cap needs a special tool to install.

Bottom Line:
This crank works perfectly. I have no problems going to the smallest chainring regardless of which sprocket I was on. I had a Truvativ Elita Triple that refused to go to the smallest chainring unless I was on my 5th or 6th largest sprocket. Shifting is now perfect on my Ultegra setup.

Favorite Ride:   Alameda Creek Trail

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Truvativ Elita Triple

Bike Setup:   Motobecane Sprint
Full Ultegra 6603 Setup
Vuelta XRP Wheels

Submitted by Bike junkie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2007

Strengths:    Stiffness, low weight, external BB, great shifting, better gear ratio with 39T middle ring

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic upgrade from my old Shimano Ultegra FC-6500 that came with my bike, and a screaming deal I found that was a take-off from a new bike. I'm using it with 9-speed shifters and cassette and it works great. Cranks are very stiff, and the external bottom bracket is also a big improvement in stiffness and efficiency over the old splined version. The chainrings also shift smoother and crisper. I like the 39T middle ring. It provides a better overall gear combination in conjunction with the big ring (52T)(I don't use the granny all that much). I am extremely happy with this upgrade.

Favorite Ride:   Road, Mtn, it's all good...

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Ultegra FC-6500 triple

Bike Setup:   Shimano Allez Comp (cro-mo; last blue version made), full Ultegra components, Time 317 pedals, Specialized bar, Weyless stem, Vittoria tires, stock Shimano wheelset

Submitted by Trey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2006

Strengths:    This crankset is really stiff. And it's easy to disassemble/re-assemble for maintainence. It does everything I expected when I bought it. Thiry gears! Did you ever think that was possible when you rode your first '10 speed' around the cul de sac.

Weaknesses:    None but had I known about compact cranks, I might've given them a try first.

Bottom Line:
I have bad knees, so I have to make sure I always have a super-serious granny gear. These are great cranks. The external bearing cups design is wonderful.
This is a great crankset, very stiff and I don't worry about the weight.

Favorite Ride:   Mt. Evans