SRAM Red Yaw with Chain Spotter Front Derailleur

SRAM Red Yaw Front Derailleur With Chain Spot(0x9caa5b48)

Submitted by MORoadBiker a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2013

Strengths:    Shifting... FAST

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I purchased item in hopes it would be an improvement over the Sram Force that I had been using. The Force was ok but the shifting was VERY SLOW. I decided to buy the 2012/13 Sram Red Yaw and swap it in. I was not positive if it was even compatible with the Older Sram Red Crank, Sram Force Rear and Ultegra Cassette and Dura Ace Chain. Yeah... I am using a lot of different components on my bike but have had fantastic results... except for the Front Derailleur.

After receiving the new Yaw Derailleur I watched the online YouTube video of its installation. Yeah... Youtube is great for stuff like this. Its not a lot different then installing any other derailleur but it was worth watching. Once installed, I made all the adjustments then I mounted the Chain Spotter. This is an AWESOME feature! You mount it after so there is no moving or readjusting of the cage like if you mounted a K-Edge which I was using on the Force. Super simple to mount and adjust.

Ok, so does it shift better?... YES!!! Its night and day better then the Sram Force. Its also better then my other bike which is 7900 Dura Ace equipped. I can highly recommend the Sram Red Yaw Front Derailleur to anyone wanting cleaner smoother front shifting.

Purchased At:   Ebay Dealer