Campagnolo Chorus (10 Speed) Groupos

• Chorus™: a high-level choice for pure passion There is an unequivocally competitive nature in its DNA, second only to that of the Record™. It is the top-end option aimed at those enthusiasts of high competitive calibre who demand quality at a more reasonable price.
  • This is the choice of high-level athletes. It shares its genetic makeup with Record™ and this designates it for competition as does its level of reliability, life and construction tolerances, even if they are obtained through the use of a few less carbon composite parts.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by johnlisa5135 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2010

Strengths:    Smooth, fast shifts with easy light touch, front & rear. Looks great. It's Italian, the only gruppo for a Colnago.

Weaknesses:    Can't buy it anymore! Have to get 11 speed, which is tres expensive!

Bottom Line:
    Installed this group on a Colnago Master X Light I built. I have 5 other road bikes, all with Shimano, 105-Dura Ace. Most people compare the Chorus set with Ultegra, but it's better than the 3 Ultegra bikes I have, and the front derailleur shifts smoother & easier than the Dura-Ace on my Cervelo, but that may be because the DA is compact and the Chorus is 53-39, I don't know. All I know is it's my favorite group. If I could just get used to the different shifting system!!

Favorite Ride:   The one I'm on

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Shimano gruppos 105, Ultegra 6500, 6600 & 6700, Dura-Ace 7800

Bike Setup:   2005 Colnago Master X-Light Rabobank Art Decor edition, 53CM. Mavic MA-40 wheelset, FSA handlebar, 3T stem. Gorgeous.

Submitted by nosaj111 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2009

Strengths:    Quality
    Looks
    Flawless workings

Weaknesses:    Expensive

Bottom Line:
    Switched from DA, I have just over 1200 miles on the group, it works very well. Love it.

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Campy Victory
    Dura Ace

Bike Setup:   CF frame, Chorus components

Submitted by Dermie a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2008

Strengths:    Excellent gear changing in adverse situations i.e. like climbing out of the saddle.
    Light, looks.

Weaknesses:    none that I know of at the moment

Bottom Line:
    Moved up from alloy square taper chorus circia 2003 to carbon ultra torque. I cannot believe how well an already good product can be improved.

Favorite Ride:   Mt Buffalo

Purchased At:   Total Cycling UK

Similar Products Used:   Campag chorus & older

Bike Setup:   Dean El Diente with campag nuetron wheels & generally campag running gear.
    I did buy last years non skeleton record brakes to go with this g/set cos they were lighter & cheaper. Also got the record pedals cos they were lighter than chorus & a oem record cassette for the light weight.

Submitted by Minone a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2008

Strengths:    Great performance and durability. I always wondered why people write about how good their components look.......but they do look really cool!

Weaknesses:    O.K., we know it is very expensive, no doubt. I think it is still a good value because of the durability of the product.

Bottom Line:
    I have had many components over the years, and the Chorus groupset is clearly the best I have used. It is true that the choice is usually a prerence thing, and I have always favored Campy. Just my opinion. The Chourus group really is spectacular. I figued that I am not good enough to have Record on my bike! The shifters are flawless after 1200 miles or so. Crank, brakes, everything is very impressive.I have never had the bike tuned up. I am 6'2 and 200lbs and am still amazed how responsive this group is , mashing the shifters when climbing or sprinting. I would recommend this groupset to anyone that is looking for performance and reliability.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Ultegra, 105.
    Campy Centaur, Veloce, Mirage.

Bike Setup:   Pinarello F4:13 Carbon
    Look Keo carbon pedals
    Polar 200 hrm

Submitted by Mottra a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2008

Strengths:    Gained speed. Can climb far better. Very smooth and quiet to use. Positive and reliable operation.
    Great looking, light weight. Saved money over Record group for very little weight/performance sacrifice.

Bottom Line:
    Went from Centaur alloy square-taper with Veloce shifters and dérailleurs to the Chorus Carbon Ultra-Torque group. I was told how much better it would be, but was still amazed at the improvement.
    Fitted and adjusted the group on the bench has worked flawlessly ever since.

Similar Products Used:   Veloce/Centaur square taper.

Bike Setup:   Dolan Hercules Carbon. Mavic Aksium.Full Chorus UT Carbon group.

Best pricing for Chorus 10-speed?

Anyone aware of any deals out there on Campy Chorus 10-speed? I need basically an entire drivetrain...cranks, derailleurs, brakes and cassette. Lightly used would work also. Thanks in advance!Read More »

Chorus compact 10-speed crankset

I'd like to switch out the Chorus 10-speed standard cransket on my drivetrain for a compact crankset but all I see online are 11-speed Chorus cranksets. I believe I've read that one can put a 11-speed crankset on a 10-speed drivetrain and still have everything shift OK but I would like to get confi ... Read More »

My Chorus 10 speed Ergo Levers are broken?

Hello all Some time ago, I have got a Campy Chorus 10sp used. it came with a bike I bought only for the frame, I dismounted it and never used it. I got me a C-40 HP frameset and wanted to build it with this Chorus groupset so I was cleaning it and preparing it for the build. Two things surp ... Read More »

chorus 11 crank with 10 speed setup?

I have chorus 10 on my bike right now and need a new crank. I like the chorus 11 crank and I was just wondering if it would work without issue on a bike with everything else as chorus 10?Read More »

Converting Chorus 8 speed Rear Hub to 10 speed

I'm looking at building some wheels for a 90's Merckx restoration and I want to use Campagnolo hubs with Mavic CXP 30 rims. The idea is to build up a Campag Record/Chorus 10 speed groupset with a retro/90's wheelset. Can't seem to find 9/10 speed Campagnolo Rear Hubs, Used or Nos, and wanted to kn ... Read More »