Campagnolo Chorus Pro Fit Pedals

3.2/5 (15 Reviews)

Steel axle, and adjustable cone/cup type bearings, secured to the pedal body by a lock ring in light alloy. Release force can be easily adjusted with the specific rear adjustment screw. The left Chorus 2000 pedal can be fitted with the pedal cadence magnet "hidden" inside the axle.

Submitted by riderMD a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2009

Strengths:    The adjustable float is a nice feature.

Weaknesses:    The tapered spindles are subject to fatigue failure which can cause catastrophic accidents.

Bottom Line:
I was cycling my routine lunch ride and while standing on the pedals to accelerate, the right Campy Chorus spindle just broke sending me over the bars in a violent crash. The incident resulted in multiple fractures and dislocated bone fragments in my arm that required two surgeries and a year of physical therapy.

I had ridden Chorus pedals before without incident, but the faulty pedals bought in 2006 were only about a year old when they failed from fatigue after approximately 2500 miles. I'm not a racer, just a weekend rider who cycles 50 miles a week with a local club.

Favorite Ride:   Serotta Ottrot

Purchased At:   B&L Bike and Sports,

Similar Products Used:   Look pedals.

Bike Setup:   Serotta Ottrot with Campy Record components with the exception of the pedals. Ironically, I was advised to use Chorus instead of Record pedals due to the stronger steel spindles (as opposed to titanium spindles in Record) being better suited to my size/weight.

Submitted by Bloatedpig a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2004

Strengths:    Build...metal-on-metal contact area...Reliabilty

Weaknesses:    Zero so far

Bottom Line:
Another Campy victory with these pedals. I'm not sure about why some people are giving negative reviews of such a great product. They are a little narrower than a traditional Look pedal but are far more secure and have zero squeaking. The cleat insert provides for a metal-on-metal contact area that is head and shoulders above the others. They are the most "worry-free" component on my bike.

Favorite Ride:   Bianchi Xl EV2

Purchased At:   Competitive Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Various Look products

Bike Setup:   Bianchi XL EV2 Aluminum Campagnolo mix

Submitted by Bigborb a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2004

Strengths:    In short, a pricey, but nearly perfect pedal. The Record version, with Ti axle is 60 gr lighter, and in my view worth the extra for 'performance' situations, but this is one of the classiest pedals out there.

Weaknesses:    I've ridden my Chorus pedals for about 15,000 miles and the Record ones for about 8,000 and no problems of any kind so far. I was told that titanium (in the Recrord version) isn't the best axle material, but have not had any noticeable wear in either of these models

Bottom Line:
I have both the Record and the Chorus version of these pedals, and have used many other brands. These differ from the Record version in only a few (significant) grams, but work just as beautifully. I'd like to set the record straight, as I feel these are excellent pedals, and have been given too many negative comments by the other reviewers.

Like some others, I too had minor trouble clipping in at first, especially as compared with LOOK pp396 pedals, which clip in flawlessly without ever looking. However, with some practice, over time, one gets good at getting in to these; you just need to get the 'rhythm' of how the pedal swings up to meet your shoe. After the first few weeks, I didn't need to look down any more. They're secure, and never clip out accidentally, but when you need to get out in a hurry, you never feel trapped.

The weight factor is, in my opinion, very significant. Maybe it's in my head, but I can't help but think that lifting those extra 100 grams or so (that's nearly 1/4 pound!) on every revolution, has to take some energy over the course of a few hours of riding. The current Speedplay productis also very lightweight, but the Campys do provide a larger, more stable platform.

Yes, too bad about the cleats - the plastic part does wear quickly, but that's par for the course for plastic cleats - LOOK included. One really just has to be careful about stepping down heel-first when stopping the bike.

Favorite Ride:   downwind

Purchased At:   La Bicicletta

Similar Products Used:   Look, Speedplay, Shimano

Bike Setup:   Various bikes - COlnago, Litespeed, LOOK, Cervelo - they all work great with these pedals!!

Submitted by SteveD a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2004

Strengths:    Campy pedals to go with Campy bike.
Large platform

Weaknesses:    Cleats wear out too quickly.
Cleats brake easily.
Once the cleats are worn, they don't clip in securly. Mine rocked in the pedals.
Pedals scratch easily

Bottom Line:
I've finally given up on these pedals. I really tried to make them work, but no more. After more than 10,000 miles on these pedals, I've gone through more cleats than I care to admit. This winter alone I broke three seperate cleats. They did not wear out mind you, they actually snapped in half due probably to the cold weather and the the plastic becoming too brittle.

I probably would have made the switch sooner, but with two bikes and several pair of shoes set up with the ProFit pedals, I didn't want to spend the money to buy pedals and cleats again...

Oh well, I've switched to Speedplay Zero pedals and am hoping for the best