Crank Brothers EGGBEATER TRIPLE TI Pedals

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Eggbeater pedals offer outstanding performance in all conditions. The four-sided design is easy to clip into, and sheds mud easily. Unlike many other pedal systems, the retention does not affect the release tension - that is, the pedals holds you securely, yet still releases easily (unlike other systems which become harder to release from if you increase the retention).

Submitted by ManiACURA a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2008

Strengths:    It's light. It's light and it's light.

Weaknesses:    Unpredictable release. No adjustability. Terrible design. Astronomical price.

Bottom Line:
Very disappointed in these pedals. Originally purchased because they were light. These are the worst performing pedals I've ever owned. Anytime you are in rough rocks (especially when you are climbing up and over) there is nothing blocking the release mechanism....so the pedal hits a rock....click.....your foot is released. No adjustment for tension either. Very difficult to release. The rep for Crank Bros. says "Give them a while to break in." So that means there is only a small window in this pedals life that it actually performs with the right tension?? What happens when it wears past that point and is too easy to release? A pedal that releases when you don't want it to and won't release when you want it to. NO thanks. Went to Shimano 959. A little heavy but flawless performer.

Favorite Ride:   Arizona Trail

Similar Products Used:   Shimano 959, Shimano 525, Crank Bros Triple Ti and stainless.

Bike Setup:   Full 2004 XTR. Crossmax UST

Submitted by ishmael a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2005

Strengths:    light. ease. mainenance. simple. cool looking. recessed cleat. cheaper than the pure gold version with diamond cleats.

Weaknesses:    they can divit the sole of your shoe right under the cleat which can delaminate the carbon besides ruining the smoothness of the float.. I've just recently put a metal spacer intended for spd under the cleat and it performs with much smoother float as well saving my shoes. price is rediculous...i'd be happy with the ss again..and the cromoly rusted a bit..I've now had three pairs in all it seems from my math...the cromo broke, I dont blame it, bad crash, the ss had bushings were from the 200? older model and wore down and let the pedal move in and out, so I returned them too (although replacing to the newer bushings is easy and some say they'll send them free)..but everything is perfect now..

Bottom Line:
besides the pair that broke on me (the ss version) i'm extremely happy with them. cant believe i spent 260 on the triple ti but i'm a big fan of light rotational weight and after my hating the frogs that came in to the store finally I took these.

Favorite Ride:   lemond filmore

Purchased At:   bike line

Similar Products Used:   campy. speedplay x and frogs( the new frogs I hated but the x I loved)

Bike Setup:   singlespeed steel road

Eggbeater Triple Ti pedals - your thoughts?

I'm pretty happy with my Looks pedals, but my bike is heavy and I'm trying to save a few pounds. At about 185grams, the Eggbeaters are the lightest pedals I've seen......Read More »