Crank Brothers EGGBEATER TWIN TI Pedals

Eggbeater pedals offer outstanding performance in all conditions. The four-sided design is easy to clip into, and sheds mud easily. Unlike many other pedal systems, the retention does not affect the release tension - that is, the pedals holds you securely, yet still releases easily (unlike other systems which become harder to release from if you increase the retention).

Submitted by aejc a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2005

Strengths:    positive engagement

Weaknesses:    small platform

Bottom Line:
I used these on one of my road bikes while awaiting another set of pedals, then moved them to my MTB. Totally recommended for MTBs, but on the road the small platform was easy to miss on takeoff and power transfer did not seem efficient. Part of this may be a function of the cleat in combination with my Time road shoes. For off-road use, these are the best pedals I've used, as they engage tightly and I don't pull out on climbs, yet I can quickly dismount when necessary. I currently have three different pedal platforms, and plan to consolidate to two -- rather than matching my road bikes, I have decided to try a set of Crank Bros Candy on my trainer. Slightly heavy compared to manufacturer specifications. For MTB use, I'd rate these a 5+; for road bike use, I'd go a 3.5. As this is not MTBr, I'll give them a 4 here.

Purchased At:   eBay (new)