Home | Reviews | Pedals | Look

Look CX-6 Pedals

4.44/5 (9 Reviews)

Submitted by bikerbusch a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2007

Strengths:    Looks, weight

Weaknesses:    Durability

Bottom Line:
Even though I'm fairly large (230 lbs) I'd question the durability and safety of these pedals. Mine broke off at the axle after 2+ years of use. Seems that the internal thread in the pedal/axle intersection is not strong enough.

Purchased At:   Texas internet store

Similar Products Used:   Various Look pedals

Bike Setup:   Orbea Lobular Carbon, full Campy Chorus with Zipp Team CSC wheels

Submitted by jberenyi a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2007

Strengths:    Fit and finish. Nice lockup on the cleats. Nice large platform. Various adjustments not found on Keo models. Fairly lightweight for a pedal with so much to offer.

Weaknesses:    Availability

Bottom Line:
I had a really hard time deciding to go with these or the Keo's. I chose these for price reasons and since the wife has delta cleats as well I wanted to keep consistency in the family. I must say these are some gorgeous pedals. Its too bad they will look all beat up in time but what pedal doesn't. They have a nice lockup and the tension on the lowest setting is a little stiffer than the lowest setting on other Looks but this is intended due to design and for the reasons of competition use. I bought the red Ti series and put them on the scale. They weighed in at 157.85 grams. Look says they should be 149 grams. Thats a 5.93% delta. The bearings feel very smooth and silky. Only time will tell how well they last. Anothe selling point of this pedal is the Q-factor adjustment. I may never use it but I do have a right foot that likes to go heel-inward so I may use it some day on that foot. I also like the adjustable float option but keep in mind it only works with red cleats (9 degree).

Favorite Ride:   Antelope Island

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Look PP206

Bike Setup:   Lynskey Level 3 Custom with Campy Record Gruppo//Deda Electa handlebars//Fulcrum Racing 1 Wheels.

Submitted by d_back_dude a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2004

Strengths:    big platform, instead of being just several raised areas like previous look pedals, this has a huge flat surface allowing for a huge contact area, lots of adjustments, stiff, great bearing, look sharp on my look lg 261

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Great pedals. Carbon fiber is pretty neat stuff. All of the adjustments are nice to have, although I have never touched the Q factor adjustment and probably never will. Its there though just in case I get the urge to change it. I only wish I had of known to wait for the Keo, though.

Favorite Ride:   Cherohala Challenge

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   look pp296 and 257

Bike Setup:   Look KG 261 with Campy Centaur and Nimble Spider wheels

Submitted by dhtucker4 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2004

Strengths:    Bearings, flat platform, ease of entry and exit.

Weaknesses:    Weight is about 40-50 grams over the stated weight on the box (almost all pedal manufacturers do this), and Look cleats are NOT durable enough (I have some cleat covers)

Bottom Line:
Outstanding in all areas. The bearings, the Q-factor, adjustable release, different degrees of float (similar to A5.1 or PP396). I have decent knees for 20 years of skiing, that means I need a lot of float. I don't like SPD or Time pedals, because I like a big platform that I click into without looking down, after a stoplight.

Favorite Ride:   MS-150 Houston-Austin (185 miles)

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Similar Products Used:   Performance Mag Classic (Wellgo Mag), very old Look pedals

Bike Setup:   2002 Fuji Marseille (Reynolds 853), Kestrel EMS Pro bar, Dura-Ace 9 gruppo, Velocity Aerohead wheels, Veloflex Pave tires, Ritchey WCS stem and seatpost, Flite TransAm saddle

Submitted by hphoto a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2004

Strengths:    very lightweight for Look pedals, smooth bearings, wide platform typical Look feel. Compatible with my old cleats so I didn't have to change and adjust to new cleats.

Weaknesses:    carbonfiber pedals feels like plastic in your hands - I guess it's because it is plastic :)
Fairly expensive.

Bottom Line:
This was to replace an aging Look pedals but were serviced fairly regularly. Compared to it, these new pedals are buttery smooth and very lightweight. I've only ridden about 100 miles on them - can't wait till they are completely broken-in (bearings will be even smoother hopefully).

Favorite Ride:   climbs

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   10 year old Look pedals, Look PP296, and old Dura Ace Look pedals.

Bike Setup:   2003 Cinelli Proxima frameset, Ultegra/DuraAce mix, FSA Gossamer crankset, Mavic Cosmos wheelset, Mavic brake calipers.