Home | Reviews | Pedals | Look

• Spindle Material: CrMo steel
  • Bearings: 1 sealed bearing, needle bearing
  • Adjustments: Minimum spring tension

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by doug in co a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2007

Strengths:    light, cheap, reasonably durable

Weaknesses:    none in my experience

Bottom Line:
    My experience with these pedals has been very good. I have the pedals on my TT bike and the JRA bike, not many miles on the TT but a couple of years of JRA and general training. The pedals are light and durable, no significant wear after two years. I like the light clip, have never pulled out of them, though I don't go in for sprints much.

Favorite Ride:   High Grade in south Denver

Purchased At:   nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Nashbar pedals, Look-alikes

Submitted by Ethan Roach a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2007

Strengths:    Nothing

Weaknesses:    weak. tension doesnt do nothing

Bottom Line:
    110 New Zealand Dollars. Crap. The tension doesn't do nothing they only lasted me 5 months and the plastic clip on the back that connects to the spring broke. Forcing me to miss a race. I have done over 6000kms on them but still. Now i have look keo classics and they seem a lot better.

Favorite Ride:   Any Hills

Purchased At:   Reidie Cycles

Similar Products Used:   non they were my first

Bike Setup:   giant ocr3 lots of changes made to

Submitted by uscgmac1 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2007

Strengths:    The price if your budget is low. The weight is light and the composit construction so far seems sturdy. Only time will tell.

Weaknesses:    Lots of movement and sliding around. Clips in real easy and out too easy. Actually a little bit dangerous. Personal prefrence. My learning experience of trial and error is getting expensive. How many pedals do i have to buy untill i find the right ones.

Bottom Line:
    Just bought them to replace another cheap pedal, Wellgo spd. Went for the brand name Look. The pedals feel nice and spin nice and are very light but again like the last pedals, they slide around way too much. I wish I could lock in and feel solid but I guess you have to be able to move somewhat. Price was right but after buying two sets of pedals now it may be worth it to just buy more expensive pedals. Dont try to save money. I may even just go back to the old style all together. Feels like im standing on ice when i stand up on the bike. Cant really dig in and grind. I usually like to ride 20 miles and i cant get into my groove with the pedals on my mind. This whole clipless thing is expensive and very frustrating.

Favorite Ride:   Bethpage/Wantagh Bike paths

Purchased At:   ebay-new in box

Similar Products Used:   Wellgo SPD. Real garbage.

Bike Setup:   Specialized Triple Aleze. Black/silver

Submitted by T-bone a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2007

Strengths:    Cheap and lite.

Weaknesses:    Poorly constructed, dangerous, lousy tension spring

Bottom Line:
    These pedals are cheap and dangerous. I found myself slipping out of them after a few months. The tension spring is weak and gets weaker with use. I came out of the pedals a few times when standing and almost crashed..be warned!

Favorite Ride:   RAW

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Look 396
    Look Keo Sprint
    Look 206

Bike Setup:   Felt F1C

Submitted by byoon a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2006

Strengths:    cheap, light weight

Weaknesses:    squawk! Feel loose, mushy.

Bottom Line:
    Very inexpensive pedals and lightweight (plastic). Bought them to switch to clipless for my first road bike. One started sqwuaking after only 100 miles. Tension adjustment doesn't really feel like it does much. Lots of float. More than I'd like. There's nothing technically wrong with these pedals, but I'm ready to upgrade to something stiffer and more sound structurally after only a few months. I'd say skip them unless you're a roadie noob like me.

Favorite Ride:   Tomorrow's

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Bike Setup:   2004 Le Mond Alpe d'Huez/Bontrager Select Dura Ace STI Ultegra everything else