Home | Reviews | Pedals | Look

Look Keo 2 Max Carbon Pedals

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

For a more efficient and more comfortable pedal stroke, the K?o 2 MAX has a cleat contact surface area 12% larger than the K?o Carbon. To further improve the transfer of power and to longevity of the pedal, this surface area is made of stainless steel mol

Submitted by Paul S

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2014

Strengths:    Nice looking.

Weaknesses:    Poor position of rest.

Bottom Line:
My trusty Shimano R540 SPD-SL's were getting worn after many years of service so I thought I'd try the Look KEO Max 2 Carbons. I've had them about 6 months and I've had enough! My problem is engaging the cleats. After uncleating, say at traffic lights, the pedal falls back to a position where the top of the pedal is too far rearwards. It means I have to take my eyes off the road and look down at the pedal to engage the cleat. Many times, I've missed completely as the pedal has spun backwards to the upside-down position.

I've bought a pair of Shimano carbon Dura Ace PD 9000's and they're instantly better. Uncleated, they balance naturally in the vertical position. MUCH easier to engage the cleat and I feel much safer now.

Submitted by james a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2013

Strengths:    platform size, stiff, tight clip-in and out, great bearings

Weaknesses:    price?

Bottom Line:
I bought these for my race bike and had a pair of Keo 2 Max regulars for my commuter and these are far and away better. I find they spin better on their bearings and the clip-in and out action is so much more tight. I know they can be adjusted but these just have a very definitive action, where the regular Keo 2 Max was a tad mushy for me. No issues with durability yet.